You can type here any text you want

Speedpro - Fuel cal table issues ?? help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vtec4gs

hey guys,

having some problems with fuel calc and map sensor. I have a 90 Pontiac Grand Prix Map sensor (I assume to be a 1 BAR - what I need), I also have a 3 BAR map. I used the 3 BAR just to start up, I see the 0-100, 100-200 and 200-300 kpa no problem, at no vaccum she reads the 100kpa number at whatever rpm. I plug in the 1 BAR GM sensor and the values stay at 0-300kpa but the values that are beign used ar the 300kpa with no vaccum, is this normal ?

another problem:
I have a friends program whose setup is very similar to mine. I could not use his fuel table because there is not enough fuel for my setup (I set my reg to his fuel pressure and I have his injector size and displacement input into calc). I need to change a few of my values from 32 to something like 70-73 in order for this thing to idle ... I went to the fuel calc table and reinput and the numbers on the fuel table dont seem to change, is there somehting I need to do in order to recalc a new fuel table after inputting all of the variables, i.e. injectors, displacement and num of cyls ? ?

I didn;t want to have to build a whole new curve but was hoping to use his entire set of tables for my setup until I hit the dyno. The car will idle for a little then die, I have ot redo the entire map. I'm positive about his injector size and fuel pressure Any help ?

thanks,
Greg.

Greg-

I believe that when you change MAP sensors, the corresponding tables (A/F, VE, etc.) do NOT change- they get relabeled, but the software does NOT interpolate new values. Your old values get stuck in new cells, usually where they don't belong! You should avoid changing the MAP sensor range once the system is tuned.

I believe the same is true for RPM- once you're tuned, you shouldn't change the max RPM or the corresponding tables will become corrupt.

Someone can double-check me on this, but I'm pretty sure that is the case.

Also, what do you mean by his "fuel" table? If you mean his A/F ratio table, those should work fine. However his VE values might not be the same, take the time to set those for your own car. If you've changed MAP sensors, all the values are out the window anyhow. It's worth the effort of doing the whole table, you will get a good feel for how the system works. And don't be intimidated, it's not hard to do!

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Back