You can type here any text you want

Spherical Rear Housing Bushings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hawkfan

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
How many of you guys are using these for the rear upper control arms(diff housing ears)?

http://www.uprproducts.com/gbody-billet-spherical-bushings-75-inch.html

I'm waiting on the 'special' bushing remover/press so I can replace the upper arms and was a little concerned about binding if I used the poly housing bushings that came with them.

I figure I can just press in the poly bushings and see how it goes since I already have them. If they give me any problems, I can replace them with the spherical bushings. All the other bushings on my rear control arms are poly, but are also greaseable FWIW.

it says right on that page that they are the best looking ones you can get..
that means that you have to buy them...

Pretty much a mono-ball like used in offroad and dirt track fabrication, Ballistic fab and Speedway will have something similar, but support our vendors first !

How many of you guys are using these for the rear upper control arms(diff housing ears)?

http://www.uprproducts.com/gbody-billet-spherical-bushings-75-inch.html

I'm waiting on the 'special' bushing remover/press so I can replace the upper arms and was a little concerned about binding if I used the poly housing bushings that came with them.

I figure I can just press in the poly bushings and see how it goes since I already have them. If they give me any problems, I can replace them with the spherical bushings. All the other bushings on my rear control arms are poly, but are also greaseable FWIW.

Poly in the rear UCAs are dangerous. Factory replacement rubber or a spherical needs to be installed on at least the chassis side. Many say they have no trouble toodling around town, but it'll bind on you, and it happens at the worst possible time: when you're doing a drastic left-right maneuver to avoid something. It'll bind up and you'll spin and skid for days, and there's no recovering it when it happens.

Poly in the rear UCAs are dangerous. Factory replacement rubber or a spherical needs to be installed on at least the chassis side. Many say they have no trouble toodling around town, but it'll bind on you, and it happens at the worst possible time: when you're doing a drastic left-right maneuver to avoid something. It'll bind up and you'll spin and skid for days, and there's no recovering it when it happens.
Gotcha. I'll just leave the old uppers in until I get the spherical bushings and just swap everything at once. Is there a supporting vendor that sells these?

Back