You can type here any text you want

Spohn Torque arm/crossmenber/poly trans mount

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I just installed my Spohn Torque arm with poly bushings on the arm and used a polyurethane transmission mount because I had one around and didn't want to drill another hole in the crossmember to use the 1 stud stock trans mount.

I wanted to know if anyone else has done this setup because I feel like I'm getting a lot of vibration through the transmission mount. Especially around 2000 rpm. The engine is a stock 50k mile pistons and rotating assembly that has been balanced and honed/reringed with total seal rings with a vigilante converter. Everything felt smooth as glass with the stock trans mount and crossmember. I guess I'm just not sure if these engines naturally have some rpm's that get some resonance due to the fact it's a v-6 engine. It feels pretty smooth the way it is now when the engine is at idle or above approx. 2500 rpm.

Does this sound normal?

Ok, I'm glad because I was pretty sure I didn't mess the engine up putting on a transmission mount! lol. It's pretty apparent the factory did all they could to isolate vibration when you look at the stock stuff. It has Big rubber bushings on the crossmember, and the Mount is really not even solid. It's really more of an arch like shape to make it give even more than just rubber alone. I guess that's also why they used 2 piece driveshafts on other v-6 f bodys, and eventually started putting balance shafts in some of their v-6 motors.

I wonder how much it would help to drill the crossmember to be able to use the stock one stud tranny mount and put it back on. It could use both styles then. It wouldn't have the bushings on the crossmember, but I don't think the poly mount gives much more than a steel mount does.

When I put mine on, I used a poly mount. It stayed on for about 2 days before I put a stock rubber mount back on. Too much vibration for me.

Well if it's any better than it is now I think it'll be good enough. I just feel it's a little harsh for something you'd want to deal with on a daily driver.

I have a Spohn torque arm on my TTA with a rubber trans mount and it has more vibration than stock. If it was my wife driving, she would be very unhappy with the extra vibration being transmitted...but I have gotten used to it.

Back