Spoolfool's new front bumper fillers for sale.

HEY MIKE ! GLAD TO SEE THING'S ARE GOOD YOUR WAY .. GONNA BE ON T6P LATER ? I'VE GOT SOME FUNNY STUFF TO SHOW YOU GUYS FROM WORK . I DONT SEE HOW THESE GUY'S SURVIVE !

Cool. I'll swing by T6P in a while after I get a drink or two in me.:D

Mike B.

Was able to get a few pictures just before it started to rain.:)

Here's my car. It has a very nice PPG single stage (no clear coat) paint job. This paint is very BLACK. The fillers are a black jell coat. They are not a perfect match to the painted car but not too bad. If you have an older paint job, it should match a bit better. At least it should look fine until you're ready to paint the whole car. My rear fillers are the same way. That was my plan.;)

Here's my GN.
blackfillers029_zps76721e81.jpg

Front fillers against the black paint.
blackfillers017_zpsd6678c1c.jpg

blackfillers027_zpsafcd42c0.jpg

blackfillers021_zpsaa2e7923.jpg

blackfillers024_zpsea9720fd.jpg

blackfillers020_zps217dd4ca.jpg

Have more if needed.:)

They look great, my GN is all original never been painted and shines. They should look good.

Looking for a shipping price to Canada, or to Michigan 48125. You can PM so the thread doesnt get beat up

Thanks

Huge thanks to my friends and vendors.
Sales are off the charts.

You guys rock!
Mike Barnard

Last edited:
Just wanted to say thanks to all who have bought these. So far, I've had 100% positive feedback on both my front and rear bumper fillers.:)

044.jpg

Also, thanks for helping to support my other activities.:D
GOPR00402.jpg

Happy Spooling.

Mike Barnard

Are there any pictures with these fillers installed on a Black GN. Very interested in purchasing just want to see an installed product. Thanks

IMG_8901.JPGIMG_8897.JPGIMG_8898.JPGIMG_8899.JPGIMG_8900.JPG

I just installed both front and rear (Spoolfool) fillers on my 40k original paint GN. The fit perfectly and look great unpainted. My original fillers just kept oxidizing (within hours) of cleaning. I am saving them for restoration originals.

Mike makes a high quality product, you will be impressed! :)

I am a proud owner of both front and rear fillers. trying to decide if I should paint the car to match the fillers,, just kidding I like the blue ,, Any way the workmanship is second to none THANKS spoolfool for the great product

Thanks GNGAL for showing off my bumper fillers while representing the Turbo Buick community on the Hot Rod Power tour and the BCA Nats.:)

First I want to thank Coach, about telling me about SPOOLFOOL Fillers. I ordered front &back and I'll tell you there's no better fillers in my opinion .I would also like to thank Mike for taking the time to talk to me with his busy schedule. He'll answer any questions you need to know and his videos aren't too bad either. Some of you might gripe about the price, but for the time you save and the quality of work that went into these they are worth every penny and more. Dave Stroup

I just finished installing front fillers (set #96). All the holes lined up and was an easy install. My bumper was off while changing to the correct 87 grill and replacing a bad bumper shock. They look great and will stay in gel coat until I'm ready to paint the rest of the car. Thanks for a well made product.

are you making any fronts for the 81 to 83 crowd :D

I'm not making any YET! I know that it's not a huge market. However, I think the Before Black and hot air cars are very cool and a very rare piece of Buick history. Once I get a few things off my plate in the months to come, I may look into doing some.

Just keep in mind that these things take time. If I make it, it will be top quality and made in the USA or I wont make it at all.

That's how I spool.:D

Mike B.

Mike, Received the front`s. Have you put together a video for the front installation yet ? I can do it easily but just curious. Thanks Dale

Yup!:)

Here's an install video on what my front fillers look like and how they fit. Whether you use my fillers, or someone else's, this video should cut your install time in half.

Here's the video of how my rear one piece bumper filler looks and fits.

Thanks
Mike B.

Mike, That's kool. I watched the rear installation video it was very helpful before I installed your rear. I`m sure the front video will be likewise. Thanks Dale

Ok. I am here to give a little (actually a lot) of praise to Mike aka Spool Fool and his bumper fillers.
I have a totally stock 87 GN, with the factory paint (still beautiful) and of course all the filler started cracking and actually falling off.
After some research I decided SpoolFool's full set of fillers were the best and contacted him here on the forum. Mike was nice enough to let me know I should go through a 3rd party GN vendor for his fillers, because since I am on the East coast, the shipping would be cheaper, and sure enough I saved 50 bucks.
Ordered them from a 3rd party (who shall remain nameless) and a few days later the fillers arrived. But a problem one of the front fillers was not wrapped properly and scratched pretty bad, through the paint. It seemed they put a damaged filler in my box. Well I was pretty upset, because I have been burned buying things online and over the phone before I was nervous of being ignore. I called the 3rd party first who took my info and NEVER returned my call. Panic set in.
I then contacted Mike on this forum, who assured me he stands by his products 100% and he would either fix or replace the filler. He would even pay my postage from NY to Cali to ship the filler to him.
Needless to say, Mike received my filler and agreed it was scratched up pretty bad (he had no idea why, but then again he didnt ship it, Mr. 3rd party GN vendor did) and said he would send me a new one.
1 week later a new front filler arrived at my house from Mike directly!!
I have to say having this filler replaced was the smoothest return I have EVER had.! Mike is a standup guy who deserves anyone's business due to his practices, and as well his bumper fillers are gorgeous, even better than stock!
If Mike was selling ice in Alaska, I would buy some from him.
Mike if you're ever in NY, I owe you a beer
Jack

After reading this whole thread, I'm in for a set! My orig. fillers blew of on our trip from FL to CA and the car looks like crap now. Mike, I'll be in touch soon. My friend Alex needs one too and is heading your way soon. I think the plan is to have him pick them up....

I received my fillers several weeks ago from Mike. He was super easy to deal with and provided every bit of info you could ask for throughout the process. I installed the rear filler first and couldn't have been happier with the entire process. Fit, finish, and ease of the install was higher than expected. For the fun of it, i made a time-lapse video of that install.

This weekend i took a few hours to install my front fillers. I chose to remove my front bumper only because i forgot that it could be done with it in place. WHOOPS ;) Either way, it's an easy job. The front bumper comes off in about 15 minutes, and may make the job easier (just not quicker)

Again, for the fun of it i made another time-lapse video.

Thanks again Mike for making these for us. Not only is my car better looking now, but it's gotta be faster !