Spoolfool's rear bumper filler inst vid.

SPOOLFOOL2

Fiberglass bumper filler dude. (949) 433-1257
Staff member
Here's the link to my one piece fiberglass rear bumper filler install video. What ever fillers your using, this video should make it go faster.

This is a thread for bumper filler install only. I welcome comments, tips and other ways of dong it here. If your interested in buying these or my front fillers, see links below.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/spoolfools-new-1-pc-bumper-fillers-for-sale.380887/
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/spoolfools-new-front-bumper-fillers-for-sale.385255/

Thanks for the support and Happy Spooling.:)

Mike Barnard

I was always afraid to tackle my fillers. After watching your videos and see the product I gotta put some cash togeteher and make this my next investment. Very Nice! Do you offer paint prep ideas/suggestions? Thx

I was always afraid to tackle my fillers. After watching your videos and see the product I gotta put some cash togeteher and make this my next investment. Very Nice! Do you offer paint prep ideas/suggestions? Thx

Well!
I'm not a painter but I do know that my fillers are ready to scuff and paint right out of the box. You do want to fit them first just to make sure that the holes are perfect. From what I understand, stock style fillers should have a flex agent added to the paint to keep them from cracking . this agent can cause them to fade different than the other paint. My fillers are ridged enough that you don't need to use a flex agent. I'll try and get Tony the painter to post up here.

Mike B.

Fit them first just to make sure everything is good. Then scuff sand with a red (07447 ) 3m scotch brite. Although they may look perfect there is alway the potential for small pin holes, Then blow off and inspect to see if you see any pin holes, if not proceed to solvent wipe ( I like Acetone or a good wax and grease remover) them and then tack rag good before applying a good epoxy sealer. Let the sealer or epoxy flash for an hour at 70 degrees and then top coat with your color followed up with your choice of clear coat. I also like to wait an hour between the base coat and clear. It gives it some time to release the solvents in the base coat. If you do find small imperfections before the sealer or epoxy sealer is applied you should spot fill those areas before moving on to the sealer. I have done a few of these fillers and this works perfect. I would not use a flex agent because they are a solid piece and are not like the old ABS plastic...no need to waste the extra money ( Like Mike suggested ). If you have other concerns please hit me up i would be glad to help out.
Tony

I would also like to add that the reason i do epoxy seal bare fiberglass is to acheive long term results. I guess you could just scuff and paint, but i would not recommend it for long term results and gloss hold out overtime. These are the best fillers out there bar none. Good luck your going to love how they look when your done.

My GN already has a 2 piece fiberglass rear filler, but after seeing this...I may consider this one piece at some point. Very clean look and I actually thought mine was broken until seeing it was supposed to be 2 pieces. Nice vid!