You can type here any text you want

Spring cleaning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo chris1970

Engine bay
Hey guys this may sound stupid but this was the first time I had my car off the road for about 2 years in the garage , so I did some maintenance the usual changed the battery plugs alternator just so
This season I know what I have
So I took her out for a spin to get "groceries " and the car just feels like it runs rough until I get some boost going , it's not throwing any codes all gauges are fine no knock
It did have old gas in it so I gave it some fresh gas it idles fine but under low throttle it's rough anyway AF is lean so anybody have advice???
It would be much appreciated

First get rid of al the old gas! Even mixed it's no good. Injectors could be gummed up.

2 years?

I would have drained the tank and put 3 gallons of lacquer thinner in the tank. (don't spill it on your paint. instant destruction) Then I would jack out the fuel pump prime wire and let the pump run for a few minutes with the engine off. I would turn the regulator pressure down and let the lacquer thinner free-flow from the tank, to the rail. and back to the tank. I would even turn the pressure back up and crank the motor for a while with the plug wires off the coil pack. This will send the lacquer thinner through the injectors as well.

Then I would siphon it all out and fill with fresh fuel.

Lacquer thinner is nasty stuff. It eats everything. But it shouldn't hurt or eat anything important in this one cleaning session. I used to perform this procedure when I had a stock type fuel system every spring. I no longer do this but I still keep a spring punch-list. And I won't drive the car until everything on this list is completed in it's entirety.

BTW, this may not even be your problem of course. But, who knows yet.

I've noticed simply the change over from summer blend to winter blend will make engines run a bit odd. ( Wrong fuel for season at hand). Vapor pressure is not right. I'd put fresh gas on top of the old shit and drive like a normal human until the next fill up. Drive around Waste gas on purpose and then see how she's been doing. By then you'll see improvement I think.

Hey friends
Thank u for all the replies and advice I greatly appreciate all your feedback , we all know how precious
We all value our cars and will try some of these remedies to get my car runnin like she did before I put her in hibernation and hopefully in a week or 2 I'll post on my results thanks Again , Chris
P s remember don't crush em restore
Them or they will end up a soup can

Back