You can type here any text you want

Stage 1 Block Question ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BAGN

God Bless America!!!
Does a Stage I block require steam holes?

Also, What is the ARP part # for head bolts with M&A Heads? 16 bolts, Not 8.

Thanks,

CC

If my memory serves me right there is no set part number for stage 1 ARP bolts.The last stage 1 I built which was about 8 years ago I had to buy a stage 2 kit and cut the bolts down.If you buy stage 2 bolts make sure you measure and cut the bolts or they will bottom out and crack the block.The other option you have is to measure the length of the bolts you need and call ARP they will sell them individually.Hope this helps.

REG

I have a complete arp bolt kit for a stage 1 never used never open. I will look it up tonight.

Chris,

Look at your heads, The M&A heads (stageIII's) don't have steam holes in the heads......so you won't need them in the block.

I ran into the bolt/stud problem and CV Products set me up with the 4 different length studs I needed. No kit was available. It cost a little more, but I got exactly the right sizes. If you want to go with studs, I can give you the ARP p/n's

Chris,

Look at your heads, The M&A heads (stageIII's) don't have steam holes in the heads......so you won't need them in the block.

I ran into the bolt/stud problem and CV Products set me up with the 4 different length studs I needed. No kit was available. It cost a little more, but I got exactly the right sizes. If you want to go with studs, I can give you the ARP p/n's

By any chance do you have the lengths I need?

Don't want studs, the motor is still in the car and it still has the A/C in it :confused:

CC

Back