You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 B4 Black buick engines

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
stage 2 idea...I'm guessing this has to do with a Series 2 or 3 V6 engine parts?

I've been mulling over the pictures of my friend's LN3 (1990ish 3800) blocks and noticed a few key differences between that and the Stage 2 heads.. if the Stage 2 heads or block had more bolts around cylinders, I dont know if ya could put 8-bolt heads on them...or vice versa..if the patterns changed....

Yep. Using a series II or III head on the block. The head gaskets are the same as the RWD blocks and the water passeges are the same. If I can come up with a Stage II off center intake I can find out for sure whether it will work or not.

does that include the bolt placements? I;ve not been able to confirm that the bolt holes are the same for the intake manifolds...

That's why I've been looking for an intake. Aj's supposed to send me a used Stage II intake gasket but that was 4 months ago.

i see. it'd be nice if one could get someone to cast a Stage 2 intake and not drill the mounting holes....hmm now you're giving me evil ideas. if Series 2 and 3 engines flow so much more air than the 4.1 heads or the older 3.8 heads; I suppose thats one way to go for a NA 231 block build....

My idea is a little different than an NA engine. I want to do a draw through with it which will open another can of worms.

ooh...are ya thinking something like an AK miller box? (draw through is where the turbo is between the carb and the manifold, right?) or a sort of "doghouse" with plumbing directly to the turbo and then the draw through carb? hmm this should be interesting, IF all the parts fits ;) i know a guy custom made a L67 intake manifold plate, and it had an angled doghouse much like the HA cars'.... and welded it in such a way that the intercooler didnt interfere with anything (this was a turbocharged L67 FWD car though)..maybe something to look into for ya? completely custom fabricated intake manifold to take the turbocharger system and the carb draw through system, based somewhat on the older carb manifold?

No box involved. Just use the modified turbo system I've been working on with a modified intake.

Back