You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eckoteam687

Ok i wanna ask you guys cause you know more than me What is the difference between the stage 2 block and the 4.1 block. If there different which is better and if anyone has any information on the 4.1 block could you please post it. Thanx

The Stage II blocks came in both 3.8 and 4.1 bore sizes (3.800 and 3.965, respectively). See this old thread for more Stage II info.

The production 4.1 blocks were made from 1980-84; they are similar to the 3.8 castings for those years and lack some of the improvements made to the 86-7 turbo 3.8 castings. Take a look at this production 4.1 recipe for more.

Did you read the links I posted above? Stage or production 4.1 block?
:cool:

I assume you mean a production 4.1..the answer is yes, they'll bolt on, but no, they won't work. They're designed to use 14 head bolts, not 8, and they just start breathing at RPM and horsepower levels that would scatter a production 4.1.

Right on Fred !!!! Hey, nice talking to you when you made a trip out of the US and came to SD about a month ago.

pat:cool:

Hey Pat! Glad to see you've entered cyberspace. Now you need to post some pictures of that monster of yours for everybody to see. :) I had a good time at Carlsbad even if Neal didn't... ;)

Back