You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 Build ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m6z

I am wanting to build a mid/low 9 second full weight t-type w/all accessories.
stage 2 260-270ish cid.(car will be street driven occasionally)

My questions are:
1. Should I use stage 2 heads or the champion gn1-r cnc heads?
2. Will the stage 2 headers work with ac?
3. Is there any way to keep the ac and other accessories with a on-center block?
4. Would a Pt-88 turbo be to big or should I go smaller?

btw I'm the one who bought the white t-type in the for sale section that was in amarillo texas.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165272

thanks for the help,
doug schmid

The only thing really holding you back from having a/c with Stage 2 heads and headers (at least the ATR headers) is the strength of the factory aluminum accessory bracket. The a/c compressor needs additional support like the stock steel header brackets, or the main aluminum bracket will break. So, you could either have a support bracket fabricated, or a whole other main accessory bracket made out of steel plate. White Racing used to have a picture of one they made. Other than that, there is no reason you couldn't have A/C on a stage 2, on- or off-center.

All the other accessories bolt right up. (Depending on if you shorten your front cover, or just shim out your balancer.)

My friends, the calahans have been 9.8's with a heavy tr and an older pt88, I don't think you would have a problem doing it. Stage heads or gn1-r's? I don't know, how easily can you get a good set of fully assembled stage 2 heads? I would cost comparison and shop around, those champion heads would do the trick I'm sure. :)

Back