You can type here any text you want

stage 2 pistons, what are they for

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wagonboss

There is a set of stage 2 pistons on Ebay with the following info specified:

Dart V6 Buick Stage II 16cc Dish Pistons
Bore Size 3.995,
Comp. Dist. 1.640,
Ring Grooves: 1/16 x 1/16 x 3/16,
Pin Info: .927 x 2.750,
Pin Locks: 01-5103,
Piston Wgt: 565

Does anyone know what kind of application these would be for?

Thank you.

Dan

Dan,

I's hard to say what they were originally for. I can tell you it's not Busch GN or ASA based on the pin height compression ratio etc. Probably old Indy stuff. Were these listed by Muscle Motorsports? They bought a bunch of ex Indy parts about 2 years ago and have been trying to pawn that stuff since then. Most of the remaning items they have are high dollar junk with no application.

Neal

Neal--

It is Terry Rosebush Motorsports, ebay item 7926109638. What should the pin height be to be usable.

Thanks!

Dan

Dan,

Any pin height is usable but the pin height is based on the stroke length of the crankshaft, length of the connecting rod and deck height of the block.

If you're looking to build an engine around those pistons you'll have to take the deck height of your block (actual is best) but let's just figure around 9.500" minus the compression height of the piston in question 1.640" then substract 1/2 the stroke length of 3.400" which is 1.700" and the balance will be your rod length.

So here's the math 9.5"- (1.64" +1.700" or 3.340") = 6.16" rod. The rod length will vary depending on your block but this will be close. A 6.1XX inch rod is definately queer and will be special order ie: Big $$. BTW, I knew I'd seen those pistons somewhere. :)

I hope this isn't too confusing.

Neal

Back