You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 project for Andy Filson

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey Jason I left you voice mail ..I got your injectors in route to you

I'll be contacting you again soon

I have a oncenter 4 brl intake converted to fuel injection/rails included with a pte elbo on it and even a plate to go on it to bolt a 70 t/b too .. it has a throttle bracket on the elbo also to work with stock cable and 70 t/b

I was thinking of keeping this stuff but Im now thinking of selling it off :wink:

Jay, I may still be interested in a short block, as I am rebuilding mine this winter. I would much rather build up another one, so the down time is shortened. Also, if you don't have someone lined up to put the cage in, I know a guy that Andy and I had talked to before about doing this. He owns several NHRA legal super gas and super comp cars and does custom welding and race cars on the side. Let me know what else you need and he may have a spare 5 pt harness or seat laying around that he could part with. I will talk with him this week. In case you don't have my # (309) 824-7237

Tom Tom Turbo said:
. . he may have a spare 5 pt harness or seat laying around that he could part with. . . .

Jay,
If he doesn't have one, I do. It will need to be re-certified. So if you want it,It's yours.
Chris

I would like to say thank you for all the help and support that everyone is giving to Jason (my brother) with Andy's car.
With Jason's determination and with the help of everyone he will have Andy's car up and racing the way Andy would of wanted it to be.
I am so proud to see people taking the time and helping Jason with the GN.
I can't wait for to see it smoke down the track next year, and sitting there and being proud of what has been done with my son's car and all the people that helped.
I hope some people will be able to help Jason out on getting it running like he said he is working 3rd shift at his job and that would mean the world to him as it would for the rest of the family.
All I can say is Thank you!!!!
HYPSIANDY'SMa

Canuck did you ever get the private message I sent you?

Hi Kendall! got some pics of your dual TB linkage? I'm considering trying to run a pair of stockers. I "think" stockers are 58 mm, so a pair would be the equivalent of a single 82 mm. I'm sure a single 70mm would work fine but I have a pair of stockers laying around. I also was wanting to come up with a pair of block off plates for each TB. One to go on top in place of the vacuum block and one to go below inplace of the IAC. I was then going to try to run the IAC in a custom location. Is there any pssibility of you being able to help me with this idea?

I would also like to thank gnfanatic (Ralph) for helping me out on a few things.

Jason Loftus
(309)253-7991

John, I never went anywhere..I just don't sign on or post here much any more. You can usually find me on tbs.com. No, I haven't been doing much of anything car-related lately. :)

postal said:
Hi Kendall! got some pics of your dual TB linkage? I'm considering trying to run a pair of stockers. I "think" stockers are 58 mm, so a pair would be the equivalent of a single 82 mm. I'm sure a single 70mm would work fine but I have a pair of stockers laying around. I also was wanting to come up with a pair of block off plates for each TB. One to go on top in place of the vacuum block and one to go below inplace of the IAC. I was then going to try to run the IAC in a custom location. Is there any pssibility of you being able to help me with this idea?

http://www.secondhandsix.com/temp/t_b_linkage_003.JPG

I welded lever arms to the stock Honda cable pulleys, took a piece of aluminum solid rod stock and tapped it for right/left rod ends, and bolted it all together. The right and left rod ends allow it to be adjustable without removal.

I think for a 4 bbl intake, you'd be better off with an elbow and a Ford style TB, or just adapting a stock plenum to bolt to the 4 bbl flange. Simpler by far. The stock TBs have enough projections where it's hard to get two to line up closely together; that's why I used Honda TBs and I still cut the water ports off of them (see welded plate in pic).

I am going to make just such a stock plenum/4 bbl hybrid for an intake of mine in the next few days; I'll send you a picture and you can see if that will work.

Back