You can type here any text you want

Stage Heads, Cam Selection-What are you using?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

I have been soliciting cam recommendations for my new engine from several cam manufacturers. This is not a street driven car and I will be using solid roller lifters.

My setup:
270 CID
Stage2 heads
Single turbo
Solid Roller lifters

What lift and duration works well for your Stage 2 engine?

I'd like to compare some actual setups to the following recommendations I have gotten back.

Comp: 244/246 duration @.050 .410/.412 lobe lift
Reed:258/267 duration@.050 .405/.417 lobe lift
Crane:258/268 duration@.050 .360/.375 lobe lift

Thanks in Advance

Isn't there anybody who is running a solid roller cam?????????

Looks like I'm on my own.
DR

You're on your own..the rest of us are running the new square lobes. :)

I called and talked to Reed about my cam and their recommendation was based partially on the fact that the smallest roller lobe grind they had was a 251@.050 duration..that led them to recommend a 257/251@.050, .375 lobe lift cam. They like the shorter exhaust duration, which is why I find your specs above odd with their longer exhaust durations.

I actually called and ordered my cam today from PT&E; Dan Strezo was very helpful and we are going with a mid 240s duration on both the intake and exhaust, with lift around .650. I could run more cam but with the good heads, etc. I would prefer to err on the small side. For comparison, I intend to street drive my car occasionally, and the combo is:

S2, S2 Chapman heads
280 ci
4 bbl conversion intake
twin 60-1s (4" inlet), P trim, .69 A/R turbines
air/air IC
T400, brake
approx 3500 lbs
mini-tubbed for 29.5x10.5W tire
stock style suspension w/spherical rod ends, torsion swaybar :eek:

Thanks Kendall!

It looks like Dan's recommendations are close to Tim Cole's at Comp Cam.....at least in duration numbers.

I am apprehensive to go with a long duration cam that will completely kill bottom end power.

Dave

Back