You can type here any text you want

Stage I Heads Casting #'s??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wickedtt

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CASTING #'S TO STAGE i HEADS AND ARE THEY ANYBETTER THAN THE CHAMPION IRON PORTED HEADS?

The casting # is 25506293. Basically a stock head with no EGR or heat riser provisions. Supposedly thicker deck surface and a bit heavier casting. Not enough to make a great difference in truth. A set of fully ported Stage I heads should flow about the same as any other stock type head with similar porting etc.

Neal

wickedtt said:
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE CASTING #'S TO STAGE i HEADS AND ARE THEY ANYBETTER THAN THE CHAMPION IRON PORTED HEADS?

Stg 1 Heads

On the set I had the decks were considerably thicker than the 8445 castings.
I had them O ringed for 1007 gaskets, ran them into the 9,7's on my Stg#16 block with ARP head studs, no gasket problems while using a FAST (Fel-Pro)
system. Look for a #10 cast in the head below the center exhaust port, this will tell you if it's a true so called Stg1 head.

9sec.

There is a set for sale on Ebay right now. The pics are pretty good. I think they are listed under Racing Parts. Sorry I don't have a link.

Neal

wickedtt said:

I had a set that were ported by Champion and they definitely flowed much better on the intake than a regular ported champio iron head. Exhaust was about the same.

Chris,

What kind of flow #'s did you get out of them? Also, do you still have the TA heads for sale? I was on vacation so I appologize for not getting back to you.

Neal

turbobuick said:
I had a set that were ported by Champion and they definitely flowed much better on the intake than a regular ported champio iron head. Exhaust was about the same.

750H.P.V6 said:
Chris,

What kind of flow #'s did you get out of them? Also, do you still have the TA heads for sale? I was on vacation so I appologize for not getting back to you.

Neal

Man that was a long time ago. I believe we were getting upper 220's with a 1.77" valve. At the time we did comparisons with another iron 8445 head with a 1.84 valve, a ported M&A head with a and a unported GN1 head and if I remember correctly none of them were significantly better. It was slightly better than the 1.84 valve 8445 head and a little less than the M&A and unported GN1. SInce I was running a 3.8 bore motor the S1 head was the ticket because of the smaller valve size. I still have the 8445 head with the 1.84/1.60 valves and I know we re-worked that head a little and got 228 out of it. I put those heads on a girdled motor I have in a white limited I just picked up for the street :cool:

I still have the TA heads. Let me know if you are interested.

Back