? Stage I

It will fit fine with some creative machining (on the rods) using the STOCK pickup,without cutting a bunch off the pickup oil galley, no problems at all. Just finished up a customers 3.8 stage 1 with a 3.625 stroke wide journal crank and 6.5 on center rods.........go figure

Cool, I was worried I spent alot of money for nothing. The block a #25500016 has had alot of machine work done to it before I got it. I am not sure if it was a bush motor or whatever. It has four bolt mains, extra head bolt holes and the areas you mentioned touched up already.

I had the block bored sonic check. all ok. I would post some pictures, but I don't know how on this site.

Thanks

I have a set of Off Center Oliver Rods, at least I think they are Off Center. I also have a set of Carillo rods that are on center.

How hard is it to get the on centers to work?

Originally posted by EightSecV6
It will fit fine with some creative machining (on the rods) using the STOCK pickup,without cutting a bunch off the pickup oil galley, no problems at all. Just finished up a customers 3.8 stage 1 with a 3.625 stroke wide journal crank and 6.5 on center rods.........go figure

Did you use the front mount pickup boss instead of the rear like i did:rolleyes: If i had to do it over again thats what i would do:)

I use the rear pasage as you do not have to fabricate a pickup. You can sink the rod bolt in the cap a little and machine the head of the bolt, the galley will only need a little clearancing.

I never thought about spot facing the cap deeper to sink the bolt but i did shorten the bolt head;) Im to much of a worry wart to counter bore the cap and took it off the block instead. Good call and i have to say your car is a work of art Bill:)