You can type here any text you want

Stage II combo advice

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TGrant

Now that that my off/c S2-headed 4.1 is ready for assembly, I find that I don't really have a (good) vehicle for it. Basically, my choices are: Either put it into my daily driven '93 Lexus SC300 (w/a T-56), or put it up for sale.

For reference, a factory-built Supra turbo shortblock (bolt-in for my Lexus) can be had directly from Toyota for $1950(!!!), which can handle more than enough power for my purposes. I may do some club racing (road course, maybe Silver State, occaisional drag), but it's really just a street car.

I've gone through a lot to get this engine together right, but it might be best to let it go... what do you guys think?

Thanks,
TIM

A S2 Lexus sure would be a rare sight:) If you can get a factory turbo shortblock for the price you said, the question remaining is how much can you get for the S2? If there is enough money left over after buying the Supra motor and building it the way you want to make up for the trouble of building the S2 in the first place, it might be worth it. It's really all up to you, I would personally keep the S2, but that might be a little biased, dont you think?:D Another option would always be to try to keep the motor, and try to find a car for cheap that you could put it in. But like I said, it's really all up to you. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Drop it in a V6 Firebird. 94 to 02 body.

A used one is cheap.

You can build it up to do whatever you want. Drag racing it will get you another 15 mph in the traps just because of the body.

Something to think about.

If you want to road race it there are plenty of companies out there to do the suspension.

Food for thought.

I like the late Camaro/Firebird bodies, but I also like the Lexus shape, and it's a bit less common (mine has high mileage = low resale potential).

I'm pretty much done w/the suspension (aftermarket Supra Turbo shocks / springs / wheels / tires / bushings) -- the car handles pretty well, considering it's 3700lb weight. I'm thinking the extra cubes of the V6 would help during throttle transitions/spoolup.

The "shock value" of an S2 SC300 does sound tempting -- I had no idea that a .31 Cd would be worth so much mph!

Thanks for the input -- keep it coming!

What (mabe) to do??

Check out HarpeRic@aol.com. Ric has his roller w/new open trailer for sale
(unless he's sold it?) for a song, compared to building a regal, I'd spend a bit of time lookin and waitin and locate something like this, than screw up a nice
Lexus which will have little value when you shed yourself of it... we all have a good idea of what a clean S2 will sell for, I'm not to sure about a S2 Lexus.
It would be different tho...pc

Back