You can type here any text you want

stage II heads on 109

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
To physically bolt it up you will need new intake and exhaust manifolds, a new cam and pushrods and rockers, and new valve covers. You will only be able to use 8 of the 14 head bolts since the 109 block doesn't have the bosses for the extra 6. I don't think the Stage II heads have the accessory bolt holes so you will have to do something about the bracketry. That's a lot of head flow for not many cubic inches so driveability may be poor, but it may be okay (hi Mac :-)); it will depend on the cam, turbo, and useage.

stuff

what type of roller? i have a roller cam harland sharp rockers and the bigger valve covers, also have a champion intake...???

"what type of roller? i have a roller cam harland sharp rockers and the bigger valve covers, also have a champion intake...???"

None of those parts will work. You will need a new intake also, which will entail converting a carb intake to EFI and or have a custom piece built. The cam for stage 2 heads is different than a cam for stock style heads.Rockers on S2 heads are custom pieces and stock style valve covers wont work.. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

The stage II ports are in a different order (ie ie ie instead of ei ie ei, for example), which is why the stock intake and exhaust manifolds don't match up, and the cam lobes are in the wrong order.

Also the valves won't clear the smaller bore of the 3.8 motor. You would have to grind reliefs in the top of the cylinders just to clear the valves. Short answer is the heads will physically bolt to the block, but everything else except the block will have to be for a stage II motor. So basically no reason to do it, even if the heads were free. MAybe if you were building a naturally aspirated motor you could find some way to make it beneficial, but even that is a big maybe. Sounds like you need some stock based aftermarket heads like Champion GN1 or TA performance heads.
Greg Kring

thanks

trying to find a good deal on heads now...selling the iron heads i have...

I have a new edelbrock stage2 carb intake and sandblasted valve covers for stage 2 heads-$325 shipped..

Back