You can type here any text you want

Stage II oil system?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trbobuick

Boost addict
Guys,

Wet sump s2 block, high volume front cover, pte turbo saver, what else do i need?

You will need a pan and pickup...Lee Thompson and Terry Houston are two sources for these I've heard of. I am going to make one for my motor fairly soon; I'll probably post my trials and tribulations as usual.

Just got my 1st 3.8 stage motor- will the stock oiling sys be adequit?? If not- what can you suggest. Im looking to run mid to hi 9"s.. Motor came with a "make shift" extended internal pickup tube. Did not look very reliable. I do have KB HI volume (spacer plt) oil pump on my stock set up.. Thanks LArry:confused:

I use KB spacer with 1/4" longer gears in my S2, internal pickup with typical front cover porting and have never had a failure, but my word is only good to 7,000rpm. as I have never been over....

Oiling??

Larry wrote:
Just got my 1st 3.8 stage motor- will the stock oiling sys be adequit?? If not- what can you suggest. Im looking to run mid to hi 9"s..

I'd suggest a Duttweiler external system, as a minimum.
The logic being:
Running mid nines w/ a 3.8L engine means a serious "twisting of the tail", or a car that weighs ALOT less than most of us are sitting in.
I would think that overkill on the oiling would be of benefit.

Back under my oil pan!;)

I have a 265 inch S2 off center and a 274 i use a factory 4.1 front cover with stock oil pump gears with a spacer, the housing has been ground on i a few places oil supply hole has been opened up a few 1000 10 w 40 oil i have 70 lbs oil pressure at 7000 rpm and 25 hot and 1000 rpm idling in gear, i have 2 oil pans that has been extended with pickups one i got from P T E the other one lee thompson made, i rev my motor to 7800 rpm, and i go faster than mid 9 i have only lost one rod bearing in the 5 years that i have had this setup and that was due to bearing failure, the other 5 looked great, i have a complete dry sustem that i took off a carb, S 2 drag engine sitting in the garage, for sale i build my own motors, except machine work, being retired i cant afford the experts, what works for me may not work for other people, well back to my 4 legged horses, :cool:

Back