You can type here any text you want

Stage II Riviera!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

justin84

done
This may be old news but I thought I would share it with everyone!!! Ahhhhh, hub caps and all fellas!!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• Pace car engine full.jpg
    Pace car engine full.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 576
  • Pace car engine.jpg
    Pace car engine.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 581
  • Brashares Indy Car1.jpg
    Brashares Indy Car1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 571
  • poster_1.jpg
    poster_1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 600
  • news_1.jpg
    news_1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 574
Twin turbo yes, but not a stage motor. Just a 4.1 of the day. Or was it? Documentation differs from source to source.

Stage II

appears to have Stage II heads--definately not stock heads--spec sheet says 4.1 Stage II--I believe it was on dispaly @ the Indy or Columbus event but did not look closely. I also (for some reason or assumed) it was a passenger car 4.1.

The Buick-owned pace car was on display at BG in 2005. Sadly the hood was closed when I saw it under the tent. It was sharing space with GNX #001.

wow, thats pretty cool, ive never seen that one.. thanks for sharing

It was a Stage II! It's also quoted in the Stage II Buick motor builders guide.
There only 2 or 3 Riverias made. I've never seen this article from Buick. That's very cool.

1 went to the winner of the Indy 500 (that's an Indy tradition). I wonder if he still has it?
The other one was a spare in case it crashed while pacing the race.
Not sure what happened to the third one. It's tucked away in someone's garage...maybe the owner of Bulgari? He's renowned to love Buicks:D

Twin turbo yes, but not a stage motor. Just a 4.1 of the day. Or was it? Documentation differs from source to source.

On the info sheet it says special stage2 block ( available from dealers) with 4 bolt mains-dont believe any production 4.1 blocks had 4 bolt mains.

man that car is sooo wicked...

can you imagine driving around this ol'grandpa car and blowing the front tires away smoking some mustang to the next stop light?

sounds like the twiglight zone to me!

A.j.

Back