You can type here any text you want

stage2 ignition BMS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Noe

Is anyone using BMS ignition module,coil and crank sensor or is it easier to use the MSD set up for stage 2 block?Help on stage 2 block asembley like do you polish the rod bearing with and scotchbrite?

Noe,

Personally I don't know of anyone using the BMS ignition system unless you're referring to the stock GN ignition. I have seen some guys using a distributor with an non-sequential aftermarket managment system ie: batch fire DFI. Personally I use the stock ignition but I use the stock computer too. Most Felpro guys use the stock ignition also possibly with a MSD DIS4 box. Also I don't routinely scotchbrite my bearings unless I mar them up while I'm checking my clearances with the dial bore gauge.

Neal

Noe, if you've got that stuff currently on eBay in mind, I'd say it's too much trouble, and may not work real well in a turbo application. Depends on your goals, I guess, but the stock system works pretty well for a lot of fast cars.

On the scotchbrite topic.

I bought the Clevite V series bearing from Ohio George. He swore that you needed to lightly polish the bearing shells with a nearly wore out green scotchbrite pad.

He claimed that this polished off any small imperfections in the bearing coating.

I figured that he has built just a few more Stage 2 engines than I......so I did what he told me.

Dave

Back