You can type here any text you want

stage2 parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Noe

Can stage2 block #153 be bored out 4.040 or bigger and still be streetable?What is the true deck height on early stage2 blocks and the last stage2 block #153 casting?I have a real early stage2 block no real casting #like the ones i have seen but has #plus xxxx.What comp. cam spring does anyone recommend for the stage2 aluminum heads with duttweiler cams?Is the stock valve size for these heads 5.560?

Originally posted by Noe
Can stage2 block #153 be bored out 4.040 or bigger and still be streetable?What is the true deck height on early stage2 blocks and the last stage2 block #153 casting?I have a real early stage2 block no real casting #like the ones i have seen but has #plus xxxx.What comp. cam spring does anyone recommend for the stage2 aluminum heads with duttweiler cams?Is the stock valve size for these heads 5.560?

The one I just had measured was 9.509". I can't see why the deck height would change drastically, if at all between the model changes. There were short deck indy blocks in the equation, and they are junk for turbo applications. You can bore out to 4.040 providing you maintain cylinder wall thickness of .200 per powersource book and .180 per Ruggles. Make sure you use a gasket bore LARGER than your cylinder bore+chamfer.

I am not experienced enough to offer info on the S2 heads. I am in the little leagues with the GN-1R's. :D

Deck height is 9.535 nominal, my on-center 153 had been decked to 9.500. S2 heads valve sizes vary - mine had 2.125/1.625. 2.02/1.60 is a common setup. Valve springs are more lifter-specific (hydraulic/solid, roller/flat) than cam. You know that S2 head cams are completely different than a stock/GN1 cam, right?

Back