You can type here any text you want

Stainless radiator top plate making issues, fitment of hood

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
I have always had the stainless top plate that I purchased hang up the hood spring a little bit but recently when I replaced my hood to the heavier constructed version I have the under frame hitting now. Does anyone out there have similar issues to the top plate making contact (in general) to the hood under structure as well as the spring? I can see a clearance difference between the oem plate and the stainless in the spring seating area.
20140629_214453_resized.jpg
IMG_2147.JPG

20140629_214453_resized.jpg

Last edited:
I can see the spring hang up issue is the fault of the spring alignment. You can see the gouge marks on your stock top plate. The spring is not hitting in it's little saddle area on the core support.

right, it is interesting. There is only one spot for the spring, so Ill keep digging and trying different things. What puzzles me is the stainless plate clearly hitting the structure of the hood keeping it from closing.

looks like the cutout for the spring area is not large enough. Additionally the stainless top plate is taller in the center which is causing the hood liner to make contact.

Bryan

I agree I think I'll put in the factory plate and get the hood lined up correctly. I'll put the stainless one back in...if still issues it will be put up for sale

Back