Stall for 70GTQ DBB?

The Darkside

Heavy Metal Thunder
Not sure which forum to post this thread, turbo's or trannys, so posted in both...

Here's the deal....I'm preparing to send my CK Performance 9x11 back in to Chris(great guy to deal with by the way)for a re-stall & was just looking for help on deciding how much stall I need according to anyone who has experience with this turbo? Keep in mind car is 95% street driven..
This CK 9x11 stall was originally ordered as a 3400 approx 3 years ago(has probably 10,000 miles on it) & it spooled great with my old combo(TE45A .63 & 204/214 CAM), but didn't seem to be working with the new combo(GTQ 70DBB w/ .85 exhaust housing & 218/218 FT CAM)
I did a quick foot brake test & at 0 boost the tach was showing 4000 rpm's, so now I'm not sure if the stall might have loosened up or what?
Floored it getting on the highway via the on ramp I "felt" very little rpm drop on the 2/3 shift & so when I manually shifted into overdrive at 6000 rpm(being sure to watch the tach this time) I saw little to no drop in rpm's!!! This was done without locking the convertor.)

Any help would sure be appreciated...

Thanks, The Darkside

My 3200 spools a bit slow for most people. I can still build 12 psi on tbrake pretty quick though! On the foot brake i can see as much as 6-7 psi before the last green. Spoolup from a roll is slower, but if you foot brake or use the nitrous like i do....NO PROBLEMO! Minimum 3200. 35-3600 perfect. I like it a little laggy. Lets me build power progressively. :)

The cam will effect stall, but not like your saying. Was the convertor that loose befor the setup?