You can type here any text you want

Stalling when i put it into gear for the first time.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I have a coupke of things that need tweeking on the car.

1) it takes a long time to start the car when at cold temperatures ( is the only table i need to play with the "Cranking fuel Vs. Coolant Temperature" table.
2) As soon as the car starts it runs for about 3-4 seconds and they idles down really quickly and stalls What do i need to do here?
3) The very first time i put the thing into gear or reverse It has a tendancy to stall out on me. What should i do to fis this?

Thanks for all the help.

Adrian

I would be guessing that it has to do with your IAC. Take a look at your tables when it is running and see if the IAC is close to your target or not. Maybe Cal will reply and give the right answer......:)
Sean

Well that would be afterstart enrichment and a blend of coolant temp enrichment..

Afterstart is the first minute or 2 of runtime.
Coolant temp is long term enrichment about the 1st 5-8 min running

You need to work both to get it right. I would bump up the afterstart 1st. Then if after about 2 minutes running see where your at on overall richness.

You can log this all and see whats happening much better. I think the terms are Aft.correction, and CTS correction.

THis is why GM has spent millions of hours in a dyno cell to develop a chip under all conditions for the stock computer. but you will have to do your own setup of this now:)

Here is what my current After start enrichment Vs. Coolant temp table looks like.

I understand that every car is different, however does anything seem out of place, or does it just need some tweeking?

Attachments

• After Start Enrichment Vs. Coolant temp (Large).jpg
    After Start Enrichment Vs. Coolant temp (Large).jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 136
Looks like its in the right direction. I suggest you add 3% fuel at the temperature you are experiencing the stalling. You will proably need an a/f of 11.6 ish in park to maintain a in gear drop to about 12.6 or so to one. Post a log of a cold start logging all the corrections from CTS and afterstart for the 1st few minutes of run time. Save the log before you turn the key off after it stalls, so you don;t mess up the log.

If you want to work together, you can download teamview from teamviewer.com and I can control your laptop and fast from my computer at home, as long as your on the internet with it.

ohh that sounds cool.

With the logging at the start, i assume i will just make a new dashboard for logging start up paramaters, communicate with xfi, arm the datalogger and then crank? Is that how i do it?

Yes, set it to trigger auto at around 300 rpm, you will be fine that way.

Back