You can type here any text you want

Stance question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
Very close to purchasing summit 5 star rims. So far i have 15x8 w 4.5 bs and i was thinging of 15x7 rim upfront w 4 bs. I was going to use stock tire size up front. 215 65 i think. Will this give the car an aggressive look? front wheel and rim should work w that bs correct? ohh to add to it the car will be dropped 1.5-2 all around... Am i pipe dreaming?

I have some 15''x10''s in the rear with some P275-60-15's and stock size 15''x7'' fronts with the stock tire size (P215-65-15) and (to me at least), the stance is just right. ;)... but my car isn't lowered. If you lower it, I dunno...you might have some tire rubbing problems...:rolleyes:

Claude. ;)

When you lower the car quite a bit you can run into all sorts of clearance issues vs those that do the dog in heat stance. I am running 15 x8 Centerline Rev wheels in the rear with 4" backspacing. 275/60 15 BFG drag radials. My GN sits real low, will rub the frame a bit if I take a weird driveway angle on occasion. I did trim the wheel well lips a bit as well, didn't want to roll them as I didn't want to take a chance of cracking the paint. I am running a Ford 9" rear from Currie that was in the car when I bought in back in 1995 so not positive it is the exact same width as a stock rear. Fronts I am running 6" wide Revs with stock size 215/65's. Was going for the wide/skinny look without running 15 x4 wheels, been there done that.

112512pics 007.jpg
112512pics 002.jpg

TR Custom Parts said:
When you lower the car quite a bit you can run into all sorts of clearance issues vs those that do the dog in heat stance. I am running 15 x8 Centerline Rev wheels in the rear with 4" backspacing. 275/60 15 BFG drag radials. My GN sits real low, will rub the frame a bit if I take a weird driveway angle on occasion. I did trim the wheel well lips a bit as well, didn't want to roll them as I didn't want to take a chance of cracking the paint. I am running a Ford 9" rear from Currie that was in the car when I bought in back in 1995 so not positive it is the exact same width as a stock rear. Fronts I am running 6" wide Revs with stock size 215/65's. Was going for the wide/skinny look without running 15 x4 wheels, been there done that.

What did you use to lower the rear?

Initially I used Hotchkis F body lowering springs which I trimmed a bit to get to the height I wanted. Last fall I went to the coilover shocks that we sell. Makes it a lot easier to get the exact height that you want vs trimming springs down and hoping you didn't go too far or not far enough. http://buickgn.com/gbodyrearcoiloverkits.htm

qa1rears_004.jpg

Back