You can type here any text you want

State cop encounter....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I was just thinking about this when I was at work...so here we go! I was pulling into a gas station about a month and a half ago to fill the beast up with some yummy 93 a few cans of Outlaw booster. I had changed the oil the day before and I had the hood popped so I could check the fluid levels...when Mr. Illinois State Trooper pulls into the parking lot. I was about to check the oil when he walks over and starts peeking around. He looked at me and said, "this yours?" I said, "yeah, she's my baby." After a few seconds of silence he says..."this is one of them turbo buicks isn't it?" I said, "ah, a man who knows his cars"...and he looks at me and says..."damn son, I'd have a hell of a time running this thing down" I smiled and said "I hope you don't try...I've only got one bottle of Outlaw left." He chuckled and baked 'em off as he left the lot. Just goes to show some cops are cool!

THAT IS ONE OF THE BEST STORIES I HAVE READ ON THIS BOARD. Like you said nice to know that not all cops are out there to give you the royal thumbing. Maybe sometime you can line up against him.:D

Originally posted by Tom Tom Turbo
I was just thinking about this when I was at work...so here we go! I was pulling into a gas station about a month and a half ago to fill the beast up with some yummy 93 a few cans of Outlaw booster. I had changed the oil the day before and I had the hood popped so I could check the fluid levels...when Mr. Illinois State Trooper pulls into the parking lot. I was about to check the oil when he walks over and starts peeking around. He looked at me and said, "this yours?" I said, "yeah, she's my baby." After a few seconds of silence he says..."this is one of them turbo buicks isn't it?" I said, "ah, a man who knows his cars"...and he looks at me and says..."damn son, I'd have a hell of a time running this thing down" I smiled and said "I hope you don't try...I've only got one bottle of Outlaw left." He chuckled and baked 'em off as he left the lot. Just goes to show some cops are cool!

Tom Tom Turbo

This is really a cool story! This really made my day and got me thinking, there are some cool officers still out there. I have a friend here in Califorinia that has a late modle Supra with some major mods done to it and he get this thing up to 180mph..... of course very early in the morning with no one on the Hwy that is. Is this sick or what? And he's a state trooper!

The troopers around here either drive 9C1 Caprices, Impalas or Police Interceptor Crown Vics. Although they have an unmarked silver 01 Z28 6 speed and a green 99 Mustang GT also. Here's a good one...the cops in my hometown drive new Intrepids...I imagine they don't run down much...

Yeah the troopers around here drive FHP marked 2002 Camaro SS's, I feel sorry for the slower cars on the street that would try to outrun one...

Sinful6

I think there is absolutly a trend about certain states buying the newer modle Camaro SS. I just saw CHP Camaro SS a couple day's ago and the thing looked and sounded wiked. Can't wait until they start selling them at the police or state auctions. ;)

Some troopers here drive new Camaros and I asked them why the goverment decided to use my tax money on a more expensive car. I was kinda joking and he was very nice in his response. He said, "The Camaros cost about 2k more than the Crown Vics after the "police" discount, but the have a lot better resell value down the road." Considering what he said, I thought I'd rather buy a used Police Camaro than a used Crown Vic. Makes some sense...

Cool Story......

I was practicing my launches in a parking lot (concrete :) ) down at the (NY state) beach - It was late fall in the afternoon so no one was there. I was going to the track the next day so i wanted to practice my launches ;) Im only going 2/3rds through 1st gear and getting off.....braking, turning around and repeating

A state tropper pulls in, just as Im launching for another try:( and i get out early and back it down:rolleyes: and park.....knowing Im in a bit of hot water

He pulls over, gets out, and asks for my papers. I hand them to him, he gives them a quick glance and hands them back :confused: and asks "What are you Doing ???"

I decide honesty may be the best policy, and tell him Im practicing my launches because Im going to the track and racing tomorrow. He steps back, gives the car the once over, and i add "I NEVER street race and this seemd like the safest place for me to do some :rolleyes:harmless:rolleyes: testing. He looks at the car some more and says.....

" I wasn't here. If another Officer comes along you're on your own...." !!!:confused: !!! I

I sheepishly asked, "Does that mean i can continue ???"

he responded, "Continue What ?? I wasn't here, so I dont know what you are doing....."

THANK YOU !!!! OCCIFER !!!

I sat there for a while after he left not sure if i should be more amazed at him not finding a reason to ticket me......or not making me get lost !!!

I made about 3 or 4 more launches but was kinda shaken out of the fun, so i left

I had a cop pull me over once just to look at my GN. It was about 12-1:00 A.M. and this car rolls up behind me and then comes the blues.

I new I hadn't done anything wrong and my cruise was set on 56-58 MPH.

He just flat out tells me he stopped me to look at the car:cool:
Said he has seen me around and wanted to check it out. We sit there 10 minutes chattin and he let me go. He loved my car.This was 6 or 7 years ago.

Yes there are some cool cops out there.:)

I worked for the NYPD a few years back in the 68pct in Brooklyn . There was always some cool cars cruising around that id check out . Once i was checking out some guys mustang that sounded pretty nice so i demanded he do a smokey holeshot , after a bit of hesitation he complyed and respected my authority , good thing i would have hated to summons the young man for failure to comply with a lawfull order. Its not everyday an officer tells you to do a burnout but you have to respect the law, thats just how it is .

This must have happened in the boonies,,otherwise I would have to raise the B.S.flag.
since I have sold the Black GN and drive the White T I have not been stopped,,my wife has seen 2 black cars stopped by the police and I have seen 1 stopped(black)

What with these bone heads and black cars!!!!!!!!!!:p :p :p :rolleyes:

a few years back i was driving down the street and a cop hits the head lights and pulls me over, as i get out and wonder what i was stopped for he tells me right away that he has a GN and its smoking real bad and wanted to know if i knew a GN mechanic(in the chicago area) . we talked about a good 20 minutes about GN's, he was cool.

i was sitting at a stop light once waiting for the green, didnt notice the cop behind me .so i take off and make a left turn and nails the gn, well after reaching third gear i look in my mirrior ,and low and behold there the cop is behind me :eek: ijust knew i was dead ,esp being in a 35 mile speed zone. i pull over and he pulls beside me, and puts his window down and says shes running pretty good today isnt she . he said man ilooked at my radar ,and coudnt figure out what kind of car could reach 70 miles per hour so fastly he said be care ful and have a nice day talk about cool RR

Had a sheriff pull up next to me over the summer, had his window down and was checking out the GN. After thinking he was going to tell me to go home and remove my 20% tint, I roll down the window only to hear him ask how well my intercooler is working on such a hot day! He then tells me its a very nice car, asks if it's fast and then he just waved and took off. I felt kindof bad for thinking he was just going to give me a hard time.......

Me and a buddy went to go pick up his drag car and take it to his dads shop. It was a rough 67 firebird, tubbed, 355 sbc in it. It was a 7 mile drive out of one city and into another. We saw the local county cop and waved him over and told him what we were doing (no plates). He proceeded to follow us for 3.5 miles and then pulls up beside us at one of the stop signs on a country road. He wanted to race! We told him to hit it, and as soon as he did my buddy layed into it, and we passed him before we hit 2nd gear. He then drops back in behind us and follows us all the way to the shop. the cop ended up buying the car a few months later.

Me and a buddy went to go pick up his drag car and take it to his dads shop. It was a rough 67 firebird, tubbed, 355 sbc in it. It was a 7 mile drive out of one city and into another. We saw the local county cop and waved him over and told him what we were doing (no plates). He proceeded to follow us for 3.5 miles and then pulls up beside us at one of the stop signs on a country road. He wanted to race! We told him to hit it, and as soon as he did my buddy layed into it, and we passed him before we hit 2nd gear. He then drops back in behind us and follows us all the way to the shop. the cop ended up buying the car a few months later.

Back