State Farm is screwing me.

BIG STINK???

A method of raising the "stink level" to include ALOT of folks in the area is to call the local TV "troubleshooter" hot line.
You can show fotos of the cars, where the wreck occurred, and best, you get a free shot at the a$$holes at the ins co. for being crooks!! AND, it's ALL legal.
We have an atty on one of our stations here in Atl, that will actually go to the ins co, do the deal w/ the "legalize", all in ft of the cameras. He also follows up to be sure the right thing that's agreed to, is done.
Who knows, w/ all the BS and negative press and investigations by the feds of that co, that have been done recently, some more good may come of it!

A family member had a similar incident happen with SF as carrier.

The key to the accident is the POLICE. If they didn't cite the other party, SF will make up any scenario that they want. They send their 'expert' to the scene to make up what they think happened, once the 'expert' files the report...kiss it off. Their report is "ibso facto."

You didn't mention if either party was faulted or ticketed?

Your best bet is to threaten to pull the insurance (make sure you have another company lined up) since the agent will lose his commissions. Then it's up to him to battle the company.

We won out, in the last minute, using this tactic. But neither party was cited by the police, even though the other party was way in the wrong. We actually had to hound the police department in order to clear the matter up.

Good luck, let us know if it works for you.

No citations.
Police report was worded heavily in favor of the other driver. It started "vehicle A was speeding...........vehicle A collided with vehicle B...." I'm wondering if I should complain to the PD that it was a biased report.

No ticket, yet they say she was speeding? Based on what info did they base that one? Like I said, it may not be a money thing, it's a right or wrong thing. Sounds like that the trouble started with the police making an eronious report to me. That is based on what you have told us at least.

I know you don't want to hear this...but it doesn't look good. The only way you can possibly turn it is with a witness in your defense. They would have to go to the police dept. with you and swear to what happened.

An attorney would have to make the witness, an unrealiable source, to change the police report. You'd need an attorney friend, 'cause it will cost $$.

Just some advice: in the future when an accident happens, make sure that you get everthing (exactly the way you believe it happened) on the POLICE REPORT. Unless it's documented there, with the other party TICKETED, you'll be fighting an uphill battle with the insurance company.

You might try the TV deal, but they'd have to take on the police. That's usually a no-no for any media.

The insurance company can pull a cop-out (no pun intended) and say the police department's report is what they go by in determining cause and effect. Insurance investigators only verify, and it's always with the police report in hand.