You can type here any text you want

Static, can't tune into a station

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DynamicGN

My antenae works, at least it goes up and down...but i can't tune into any FM station, it's the stock radio, all I wanna do is tune it to 88.3 so i can hear some cd's from the disc changer lol ..... i mean it works sometimes, like it will take about 30 minutes then get the signal for a while, then it goes away...is this anything I can fix, or do I need to take it somewhere...? If anyone knows what the problem might be, what it will cost, and so on, please let me know so I don't get ripped off :)...i don't know anything about car audio, I upgraded the speakers but thats about it, i still wanna keep the stock radio...Also, is there anyway to upgrade the internal amp, or do i just have no idea what im talking about......

Sounds like your radio might be on its last legs. If it was just the radio tuning in local stations, I would suggest checking your antenna connections. But, if your FM modulator from the changer wont even work, then I suspect you have more problems. You should be able to tune that in without the antenna even being connected, unless it connects inline with the factory antenna. Does your modulator connect inline, or is it totally separate? If it connects inline, pull the radio and check the connector in the back. Remember though that these radios are 20 years old, and werent exactly high end equipment to begin with. And, no, you cant upgrade the internal amp, you would have to add an external amp through a line converter, or use an amp with speaker level inputs.

Back