steel crank???

sick GN

lookin to have an engine built.. have misc parts.. 109 block and others... wonderin about a steel crank.. is there a steel crank that will fit the stock block just the way it is?? the one in the TA performance catalog seems like it may but i want to know for sure.. if there is not one made what will be required to use a steel crank in a mostly stock type motor??

thanks

lookin to have an engine built.. have misc parts.. 109 block and others... wonderin about a steel crank.. is there a steel crank that will fit the stock block just the way it is?? the one in the TA performance catalog seems like it may but i want to know for sure.. if there is not one made what will be required to use a steel crank in a mostly stock type motor??

thanks

Yep, Give DLS a call. He can set you up with a complete package.

CAT makes one internaly balanced one. you need a neutral balancer and neutral flywheel. They might even make one the externally balanced with no mods...

would u happen to have the number and who to talk to for DLS??? also what about the eagle cranks???

after readin up a bit on here i found that the crank i would like would be stock type externally balanced... even though it is externally balanced do u still need to have the rods and pistons balanced with it??? thanks

Eagle makes an external balanced steel crank that is the same 3.400" stroke as the stock one. Direct replacement.I think Arizona GN has them. You can also call Eagle and they can give you the part number and then call Summit for the price.
Jeff

Eagle makes an external balanced steel crank that is the same 3.400" stroke as the stock one. Direct replacement.I think Arizona GN has them. You can also call Eagle and they can give you the part number and then call Summit for the price.
Jeff

Doubt that Summit can get the stock, external balance crank from Eagle?:confused:

We had Eagle do a special run of these just for us, and we bought the last of their stock as far as I know? Most of these we have installed in current engine builds, but have a few left.

This is NOT a "drop-in" piece as it must be balanced with the rest of the rotating assembly.

may be a stupid question but why do they have to be balanced?? are they the same design as the stock cast crank??

Any time you change something in the rotating assembly, the original balance is "upset" and must be re-done.:)

Every engine was balanced at the factory, but this still does not mean it is possible to interchange parts from other motors. Weights of individual parts vary - some a lot, others not so much.