steering wheel free play

DGC

trying to track down ~2 degrees of free play at the steering wheel if my 1987 turbo regal. outer tie rods have been replaced, alignment is correct and driving has no tracking, pull or control issues. movement is at the pitman arm to drag link connection. this connection has a grease zerk, and greasing does not influence movement. before i break it down, does anyone know whether there is a serviceable roller bearing or a sleeve at this connection? or must i replace the drag link to solve the problem? i will note that the pitman arm appears to NOT be the source of the movement.

thanks for your advice,
dgc

Rag joint . That’s why people replace it with the Jeep shaft . It is a pretty major difference between even a new rag joint and the Jeep shaft .

2 degrees of play??? I'd do the dance of joy if I had only 2 degrees of play.
I'm on my 3rd steering box. I've done the above adjustment and I still have about 15 degrees of play in the steering. Already have the jeep shaft in place of the rag joint. Also, got a fully rebuilt steering column.
All suspension parts recently replaced as well and double checked by the alignment shop.