Stereo System

Tricked-T

Looking to put a early -mid 90's delco CD deck in my GN and also want to put in some new speakers. For one what size are all the speakers? What speakers do you guys suggest. (I would like to avoid running any amps if possible.) Is there any GM cars that have good speakers that would fit the GN because stock speakers tend to have a pretty good sound range, maybe thats just me.

-Lee

I have a factory CD unit with equalizer in my 84 GN (no amp). The dash speakers are 3 1/2", Concert Sound Speakers (in doors) are 5 1/4", and rear deck speakers are 4" X 10".
I've been looking at Infinity Reference 2 speakers to replace. 6" X 9"(in the rear deck)

I have a factory CD unit with equalizer in my 84 GN (no amp). The dash speakers are 3 1/2", Concert Sound Speakers (in doors) are 5 1/4", and rear deck speakers are 4" X 10".
I've been looking at Infinity Reference 2 speakers to replace. 6" X 9"(in the rear deck)

I keep hearing from several people that the 4 X 10 to 6 X 9 adapters do not work all that well due to the trunk lid torsion bars. Have you seen them work or know away to tuck them in? I would be interested in knowing if this would work.

I have heard that also that they interfere with the torsion bars..maybe part of the reason I haven't changed them yet...I haven't seen any installed yet either..

I have heard that also that they interfere with the torsion bars..maybe part of the reason I haven't changed them yet...I haven't seen any installed yet either..

Well maybe someone who has used them will chime in and let us know how their experience went.

The stories I have heard is that you actually have to bend the torsion bars so they do not rub the speakers when opening and closing the trunk lid.

Now days the 6 x 9's are getting bigger magnets.

Most of the lower end pioneer, kenwood and alpine's will fit with no problems. Just make sure the return policy is good.

I bought 6 x 9 infinity speakers with the adaptors from crutchfield and they fit perfect.