You can type here any text you want

stock chip timing 2/3 gear change

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Hey guys.....

In the process of starting to install my "stuff" I have accumulated over the past 6 months. I want to do a step or two at a time... not all at once. Current mods are in my sig. Making a new full throttle pass near the house on a straight away..... DirectScan log shows a 2-4 deg of knock retard during the 2/3 shift. What is the timing of the factory chip? Does it have different timing for 3rd gear... like some aftermarket chips....? Everywhere else.... no knock retard...... o2's are around 775-800 throuought the run....

Very near future mods....

TE61 turbo
160 deg thermostat
60# injectors
Extender Extreme chip
Big Mouth cold air kit
3-1/2" MAF pipe w/LS1 MAF meter and translator
"0-pump" Vigilante Converter

Just wanted to know what the stock chip timing was .... and how it compares to a 93 alky extender series chip.....

Any opinions?

Blazer406 said:
Hey guys.....

In the process of starting to install my "stuff" I have accumulated over the past 6 months. I want to do a step or two at a time... not all at once. Current mods are in my sig. Making a new full throttle pass near the house on a straight away..... DirectScan log shows a 2-4 deg of knock retard during the 2/3 shift. What is the timing of the factory chip? Does it have different timing for 3rd gear... like some aftermarket chips....? Everywhere else.... no knock retard...... o2's are around 775-800 throuought the run....

Very near future mods....

TE61 turbo
160 deg thermostat
60# injectors
Extender Extreme chip
Big Mouth cold air kit
3-1/2" MAF pipe w/LS1 MAF meter and translator
"0-pump" Vigilante Converter

Just wanted to know what the stock chip timing was .... and how it compares to a 93 alky extender series chip.....

Any opinions?

Stock Chip timing is 22 Deg., and remains the same in all gears in wot.

22 Deg with just 93 octane is a little touchy...most chip suppliers have reduced timng to 18 to 20 etc. to allow higher boost levels to be used.
Seems the senario of we make more power with the boost then timing proves true with 93 octane use.

Of course lots of fellows now going to Alky Injection to supplement the 93 octane, and result allows the use of both higher timing & boost.

Joe

Back