You can type here any text you want

stock chip w/antitheft??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Matt Sando

what does the anti theft kill on a stock chip?? I have no signal to the fuel pump relay to energize it and no ground to the relay i checked the relay and wires, and i back probed the ecm and no signal coming from it. I thought maybe the anti theft is killing it. If i send power and ground to the relay it energizes and start right up?

The Buick anti-theft system is starter related not fuel.

No code in the stock chip for anit-theft fuel.

Ground is the black with white stripe wire on the pump relay passenger fenderwell area.

Dark green wire goes right to the ECM for power.

Fuse for the relay and ECM is the ECM/IGN fuse 10 ampere.

Key on test engine not running or cranking when you first turn the key to run it should prime and kick in the relay for 2-3 seconds only.

After the car starts it should run full time.

Ground should be spliced in about 8 inches or so up in the harness I believe with 3 other black/white wires, S462 it's called.

Dark green with white stripe wire goes directly to the ECM Connector 2 terminal A1 which should be on one end of it.

Same color wire.

See if you get power out of the ECM at that point.

Assuming an '86-'87 car here.

I just went down this road. Make sure that you are checking for 12 volts on the green (ecm signal wire) right after turning on the key. Put the multimeter up on the windshield so that when you key it on you can see. Like he said, it's only hot for a few seconds. The green wire is pin A1 on the ecm I think.
The hot pink with a black stripe wire is the 12 volt power for the relay...the grey wire is the lead that has power switched to it to go to the pump. Check for 12volts on the hot pink wire with the key on...it won't turn off, if the key is on it should have 12 volts. My car burnt that wire after a walbro 340 install...I didnt install the hotwire harness immediately and someone stuck a 20 amp fuse in the fuse panel.

Back