You can type here any text you want

Stock Engine Block for 87 Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn87man

I cracked my stock engine block near the crank journal on my 1987 Grand National.

I am looking for just a stock engine block for the 87 Grand National.

Anyone know where I can find a new engine block for the 87 Grand National?

I am located in Fort Worth, TX.

Thank you,

Landon

Last edited:
I would prefer stock bore, but I am open to possibly a slightly larger bore. What do you have?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I would prefer stock bore, but I am open to possibly a slightly larger bore. What do you have?

I would have to measure. It came with the car, told it's .030 over. Not really sure to be completely honest. Car came with 2 extra blocks, one a 109 with girdle.
I'm in Mi though. Shipping would probably be a bitch.

If you don't find one closer, lemme know and I will get the casting numbers off the block, and rough cylinder measurements. As it came with the car I have no idea for sure of anything. I know it's not a 109, that block I am keeping.

I think I read Weber had new blocks, not sure if they sell just a block though. Think they only do long blocks.

Sounds good. Thank you for the information. Yes, I am sure shipping would be pretty expensive. I would like to find one closer to Texas. I'll keep you posted. Thank you again.

Same here....talk to you soon

No problem. I get help here, so I will try to give back when I can.

Hey bud, excuse my ignorance, I am fairly new to learning about these turbo engines....

What is the difference between a 109 engine and the stock engine?

Thank you,

Landon

I guess I didn't even think about it, you want an 87 block, which is a 109. I don't know the exact differences, I believe deck height among a few other changes. I think all 3.8's used the 109 starting in 86.
I am not sure of anything on the other block, but in all likelihood it won't suit your needs as I was told only one of the blocks I have is a 109.

A 109 block standard bore is a stock 86/87 Turbo Buick block.
I have a good 109 block standard bore available.
Located in South Florida
Sending PM

A 109 block standard bore is a stock 86/87 Turbo Buick block.
I have a good 109 block standard bore available.
Located in South Florida
Sending PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for explaining the 109 block to us.

And thank you for sending the PM to me.

I guess I didn't even think about it, you want an 87 block, which is a 109. I don't know the exact differences, I believe deck height among a few other changes. I think all 3.8's used the 109 starting in 86.
I am not sure of anything on the other block, but in all likelihood it won't suit your needs as I was told only one of the blocks I have is a 109.

Thank you for the information sir.

Yea, I totally wasn't thinking. Sorry about that. Seems the other block I have is from a hot air car.

Sorry about that dude.

I have a standard bore 109 that has been out of a car for about 20 years and stored inside. I can also ship it as well I shipped one about a month ago to SC

Attachments

• 40814.jpeg
    40814.jpeg
    877.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 40857.jpeg
    40857.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 40875.jpeg
    40875.jpeg
    763.3 KB · Views: 44
I have a standard bore 109 that has been out of a car for about 20 years and stored inside. I can also ship it as well I shipped one about a month ago to SC
Thank you very much for letting me know. The engine is perfect with no cracks or blemishes? How much are you asking for it?

I have a 109 block out of a non turbo car was a gm creat engine in iowa will be going to ford vs buick can bring to ok city if you can wait till then

I have a 109 block out of a non turbo car was a gm creat engine in iowa will be going to ford vs buick can bring to ok city if you can wait till then
Thank you sir..but I did purchase a turbo 109 block the other day from another guy on this forum. Have a great day and take care.

Back