You can type here any text you want

Stock Harness Removal.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RED LS1

Is it possible to remove the factory engine harness without removing the inner fender or outer fender? I removed one in the past but there were no fenders on the car.

inner and outer fender can stay but the plastic fender well has to go

You mean the plastic liner inside the passenger wheel well? Does it come out with just accessible bolts?

the bolts (10mm head) are along the inside and two lower ones arent fun , then theres the one into the firewall ,
theres two(10mm) in the bracket from the rad support, and three (13mm) uner the battery into rad support

It's a bit of a pain to get out RED LS1, I just did mine today the swap engine harnesses as part of my LC2 conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the difficult parts? Any tips for me going forward? I should have the car over to the shop this weekend and I want to get the harness right out.

The worst part is simply removing the inner plastic fender well, there's two bolts below the heater box and they can be a pita to get to. Other then that it's just take your time and don't force or rush anything

Not a problem, if you have any other questions feel free to ask away, I help anyway I can.

here's an idea that you might be open to you can just drill two access holes in the plastic and then plug them later as I just removed the harness from a 85 hotair car and later on when I go toput the new"plastic" Fender in I will add these holes

Back