You can type here any text you want

Stock Intercooler Fan.. needed?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Driving a few days ago a ran over a plastic HD garbage bag completely ripped my fan blades apart now it looks like little snubby fingers, do i need another one? i have a stretched stock location Jackson IC it isnt driven daily, and i sold my spare IC Fan on here.

You don't absolutely need it but it is advisable. It will help keep the intercooler from heat soaking.

I can't confirm this info but I thought there was once talk that at high rpm the fan actually interferred with air flow through the ic. Anyone recall this.

we have raced with it and without it.. didn't make any difference one way or the other.

we have raced with it and without it.. didn't make any difference one way or the other.
Oh Man.......Coming from a guy that runs 14.10's in the 1/4 mile. Like it could make a difference at that speed.:p

I agree with Grumpster......No difference that I have ever found.

The fan was not meant to be used for racing. It's there to keep the intercooler from heat soaking in every day driving and traffic.

Back