You can type here any text you want

Stock Intercooler Scoop Repair

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Azrial89

I decided to do a little DIY project to fix my stock location intercooler scoop. If you have lowered your car, like I have, you may have a problem with the scoop scrapping on absolutely everything, cracking, and pulling rivets. So here is what I did...
IMG_2669.JPG

This is the before photo of the demolished scoop

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2674.JPG

I removed the old rivets and drilled holes in the scoop so that I could "lace" it back together...

IMG_2681.JPG

I then safety wire laced it tightly back together...

IMG_2686.JPG

Then came the messy part, Fiberglass!! Follow the directions on the box and make sure your in a well ventilated area.

IMG_3142.JPG

The next day after it dried fully I started in with the Dremel and sandpaper to smooth it all out

IMG_3146.JPG

Then just a coat of spray paint. All in all, it was cheap to do and a nice simple project most anyone can do. Its not the most high tech or best looking repair, but hey it sure does work and it beats trying to get a new one. Or just get a FMIC! which is in the works for me :)

I have more photos if anyone wants them. Please dont laugh at my little crude project :)

I ran over a feed sack one day and nearly ripped mine off. You can take some thin stainless washers and put them on either side of a rivet to give them a little more tooth and keep them from pulling through.

Back