You can type here any text you want

stock knock sensor while using FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Larry

Im just hooking up the wiring and wondered- should I connect the knock sensor? Or, should I leave it disconnected. Larry

i would hook up a caspers knock gauge and beeper. The fast will work to retard the timing, but i have found it still doesn't help saving any headgaskets. Knock happens so fast usually by the time the system responds its too late. Just my opinion, I do get false knock on launch also, so consider that also.

Originally posted by norbs
i would hook up a caspers knock gauge and beeper. The fast will work to retard the timing, but i have found it still doesn't help saving any headgaskets. Knock happens so fast usually by the time the system responds its too late. Just my opinion, I do get false knock on launch also, so consider that also.

Got remember not to confuse pre-ignition with detonation. A K/S can be deaf to pre-ignition.

For the new guys a search for abmormal combustion (here) should lead to a link that offers more info., on the subject.

Back