stock location intercoolers

TurboBeagle84

who makes a good stock location stretch intercooler? i know of the ones CAS but who else makes good ones? cotton's, atr, conley's, etc....

I think the CAS's V4 is the best stock location....you can order them from many different vendors. I'd say try out www.ls1speed.com ....they are located close to CAS and Tom (Speed Inc) also sells other CAS products for f-bodies.

-Jon

All of the stock location intercoolers are bigger than stock, so none of them use the factory shroud/scoop. The mark jackson uses that factory shroud if you want, but it ends up being about 3" too short, and he doesn't make them anymore, so you have to buy them used.

keith mease makes a nice 1.5 with aluminum shroud and 2.5" neck if you can find him-matt

V-4 :) Melissa's gone 11.5s @118 in street trim....tryin something different this summer....we'l see how the V4 flows:p

Well I bought a used BGC 23 row intercooler, and, I'm very happy with it, it made a huge difference on the top end. V4s seem to be the choice to go with, but I got a decent deal for a used BGC and didn't want to wait weeks to get the new v4

I run the 1.5 Mease performance IC with the aluminum shroud. Workmanship is EXCELLENT in every way, fit finish etc. Price is excellent as well.

thanks for all the responces. how much will the mease intercooler and shround cost me? also how about the cas v-4s anyone use one of them? i have the money to buy the v-4s now, i would have to save a little move for the v-4. i assume you guys are refering to the v-4 19/21 row intercooler? this might be a dumb thing to ask but with stretch intercoolers other than the the mease what do you do about a shroud, just dont use one?

From the CAS site..everything you want to know about V4s

The V-4S is a direct stock replacement intercooler and utilizes the stock intercooler shroud and the stock mounting bracket. A direct replacement. This unit utilizes our 13-row core matrix, features our exclusive high flow inlet and outlet necks like used on our V-4 and V-4R intercoolers and is powder coated 70% gloss black. Typical gains of 1/10 - 2/10s. If your on a budget and need to replace your stock intercooler, this is the unit for you. During testing at Buicks at Bristol 2000, this went 11.19 @ 120 MPH at Bristol 2000 (high elevation).
V-4S $499 (stock item)

Our V-4 19/21 row stock location intercooler is a direct bolt in that fits with the sway bar. On a low 12 second car, the V-4 will knock a solid 3/10s and 3 MPH off 1/4 mile E.T.s and the 19/21 row has already been well into the 10.6s at 126 MPH+. The 19/21 row V-4 mantains almost the same ground clearance as the OE intercooler with the shroud installed. See the March 2000 and May 2000 issues of GM High Tech Performance for a compelte feature and install on the V-4. Please note, as of January 2001, the 19 row has become a 21 row and the 24 row has become a 27 row as the result of our new core matrix and brazing process. We have seen no measurable difference in performance from the 19 to the 21 or from the 24 to the 27 row.
V-4 Stock Location 21 row intercooler $699 (currently backlogged 3 weeks)

The V-4R 24/27 row model will support up to 750 horsepower and also fits with swaybar.
V-4R Stock Location 27 row intercooler $869 (currently backlogged 3 weeks)

I run a stock appearing BGC IC 21 row. Iv'e gone as fast as 10.84@125. I plan on going some 10.50's with it this year. If you can find a used one you can't go wrong with it.

Good luck