You can type here any text you want

Stock maf to lt1 maf question????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn_steve

boosted canadian
Hi guys and gals i am in the process of doing the lt1 maf upgrade but i heard that it was a direct fit when you have the translator and maf but my original plug from the originsl maf does not fit in the new lt1 do i have to get an adapter plug or do i get one of a car and splice it in to place??

I have a translator gen 2 and a lt1 mass air flow???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need an adaptor harness. Try contacting Full Throttle or Caspers electronics they can set you up.

Is the translator new, it should be plug and play, or is it used? check the wires on the translator and see if the plug is spliced on, the original maf plug should plug into a pig tail off the translator, then the other plug will go to the lt1 maf...Mike

Its used that i bought off a member here i have the translator and a harness that goes from the translator to the ecm thats it??? Anything missing???

You need an adaptor harness. Try contacting Full Throttle or Caspers electronics they can set you up.
X2. If you had a basic Translator then it should be plug-n-play. If you have a Gen 2 Translator I believe you need an adapter. I've got one laying around that looks like this. Its the same one Full Throttle sells.

IMG_9065.jpg

Not positive this is the one you need but if someone else can confirm I can send it to you.

This is what it looks like plugged into an LS1 maf, which should be the same on your LT1
IMG_9063.jpg

X2. If you had a basic Translator then it should be plug-n-play. If you have a Gen 2 Translator I believe you need an adapter. I've got one laying around that looks like this. Its the same one Full Throttle sells.

View attachment 255542

Not positive this is the one you need but if someone else can confirm I can send it to you.

How much would you sell it for???

The last thing I want to do is send you something that doesn't solve your problem and I don't know enough about the Gen 2 Translator to know if it will work. Does it look like the piece you need?

The last thing I want to do is send you something that doesn't solve your problem and I don't know enough about the Gen 2 Translator to know if it will work. Does it look like the piece you need?

Yes it does i will call full throttle just to make sure give me a couple of minutes!

Ok, just let me know. I'll bring it to work so when you give me the go I can send it out today.

Ok its the right plug how much do you whant for it??

Personally I'd cut off the original connector off and solder on the new compatible connector. I had the plug and play system and ended up with an intermittent connection. Just one more thing to eliminate when you're chasing down problems.

The plug and play worked fine for a few years before it developed the bad connection however.

Personally I'd cut off the original connector off and solder on the new compatible connector. I had the plug and play system and ended up with an intermittent connection. Just one more thing to eliminate when you're chasing down problems.
I'll probably go that route, myself. I'm in a similar situation here, I have an LS1 MAF and my stock connector will need to be either adapted or have the correct adapter soldered on. It's just 3 wires, correct? What's the correct plug end to fit the LS1, and does anybody have a spare? Let me know. Thanks!

Sorry it took so long for the reply. I haven't been on the board for a while. Yes just 3 wires. They don't line up parallel. Look at the picture of the plug and play adapter above and you can see the green and black wires go to different pins on the new MAF sensor.

Back