New translator set up runs horribly rich at idle

hoser

Just replaced the stock Maf with an
LT1 and translator. Runs extremely rich . misfires and wont rev up in neutral. Wideband hits 10 pretty quick. If i install the original its fine. Scanmaster shows AF at 25 at idle , 5 with original. If i block off half the LT1 maf , it also runs better and i can rev it up. Tried a known good used Maf off a 1998 chev truck and same thing. Tried multiple settings in the maff . Dip switches are on, on , on off. Running TT 5.7 chip. Before i buy another translator , anyone run into similar issues ? Thanks

Just replaced the stock Maf with an
LT1 and translator. Runs extremely rich . misfires and wont rev up in neutral. Wideband hits 10 pretty quick. If i install the original its fine. Scanmaster shows AF at 25 at idle , 5 with original. If i block off half the LT1 maf , it also runs better and i can rev it up. Tried a known good used Maf off a 1998 chev truck and same thing. Tried multiple settings in the maff . Dip switches are on, on , on off. Running TT 5.7 chip. Before i buy another translator , anyone run into similar issues ? Thanks
You didn't post what translator setting you have it set, read this, maybe this PDF will help you out your settings

Attachments

• 87 MAF Translator.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
I tried every setting. Started off with 3 , then tried every one else. also tried battery disconnect

settings for 3.5" LT1 MAF is 0 for base and O for WOT to start with

I tried 0 to 8 setting with battery disconnect. All with dip switch off , off , off on. ….no changes

Tried it with base 0 to 8 with no change at all . Unplug and connect the OEM and it reads AF properly on the scanmaster.

Attachments

• IMG_1588.jpeg
    IMG_1588.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1586.jpeg
    IMG_1586.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1590.jpeg
    IMG_1590.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1589.jpeg
    IMG_1589.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 52
With oem , the AF is around 6 and iac is 60

Attachments

• IMG_1544.png
    IMG_1544.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1545.png
    IMG_1545.png
    3 MB · Views: 54
The unit looks correctly configured. clearly the reading is way too high at idle.

When/where was the unit purchased?

Where are you located?

Bob

The unit looks correctly configured. clearly the reading is way too high at idle.

When/where was the unit purchased?

Where are you located?

Bob
Got the unit from Kirban early spring before things went downhill.. warranty isn't worth the effort from them . Im in Alberta .

Thanks for your help Bob. You are the definition of what business man should be . You stand behind your products and go beyond what is expected. Thank you for your help.

Mike.