You can type here any text you want

Stock Motor how fast?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nojug

I was just wandering what is the fastest a stock grandnational has gone when I say stock I mean cam and heads but any bolt ons. Just wandering I took my Dads car to the track last week and went a best of 11.86@114 w/ a 1.78 with a completely stock 80,000 mile motor that has never been opened the car has a TE-54 stock intercooler ATR 3in DP and 2 1/2 exhaust 50lb injectors and a Del-Trans 2,800 stall converter. That was with Reds 100 octane chip and a xylene mix w/ 24psi. I was going to set it on 30 and put some slicks on the car and see what it goes.

Thats rolling for a stock cam and heads I figured it would be somewhere in the elevens my dads car has a 235-60-15 BFG DR I think its like 25in tall the car is at like 5,000 at the 1,000 ft and flatlines the rest of the track that had to be done with a 28in or taller tire.

Thats rollin you have basically the same combo, I do want to throw some slicks on the car and see if it will go some low 1.6's the car should atleast go some 60's. I think it went some 7.50's to the eigth.

Back