You can type here any text you want

Stock parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I still have my D5 converter. I'll ship it anywhere for $500 :D

And my Dad had a '67 435hp Vette. He wishes he still had that and the '65 tri-power GTO. He'd be retired and living very well off ;)

Originally posted by RobR
And my Dad had a '67 435hp Vette. He wishes he still had that and the '65 tri-power GTO. He'd be retired and living very well off ;)

oh ya the wouldda . couldda an shouldda:p

Razor sorry if you couldn't get that outta my replys. If you are into restoring cars and know that TTA's had their vin inscribed on the block and it's a specific point of reference for these cars the price could be high for the parts.

I won't be restoring my car and as you said the availability of the stock block and tranny's are out there pick up another spare and keep your numbers matching equipment. As far as numbers matching tell that to barret jackson when someone sells their 69 camaro ZL1. ;)

Your out on left field.. The thread started as whats a shortblock and tranny worth. Really simple question.

All of a sudden we hear 3000-4500 dollars.

We have a parts for sale forum. Show me a stock shortblock and tranny fetch 2500. Not even 1500. More like 1000.

This wasnt a whats a shortblock worth to someone restoring a car 20 years from now.

There are plenty of low mile TTA's. Actually way too many. Thats why they dont command the prices we'd like.

Why restore, buy a low mile original and avoid the headaches. Unless your overseas and then I can see it. Here in the states.. the cars and items are plentiful.

Yes someday that shortblock and tranny will command a premium. As will any parts thats been discontinued on these cars.

Dont think the TTA will gain ZL1 status ever.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142926

I'm sure there are more ads out there, So yes I could see someone paying $3K for a shortblock and tranny out of a low mileage car. Would I pay it prolly not, but I've seen ads out there like this.
Not saying he'll get it, but minus the heads since they weren't offered in this thread anyway this is for an unopened motor that's prolly had a harder life than the 40K TTA.

And again out here in left field :rolleyes: what do you think it's worth, Not "what have you guys sold a 40K mile TTA shortblock with the cam and the tranny for?

Again it is worth only what someone is willing to pay

Now that this horse is dead what will i use to get to work! ;)

Well hell lets sart the bidding:

I'll give you three fiddy for it! :D

Jason

Back