You can type here any text you want

Stock servo setup/measurement (200-4R)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Hey all. A quick question here. I've installed a transgo kit on my car temporarily as I had to get in there anyway. I know there's better kits out there but this is just temporary until I have it built. Anyhow, I've converted the servo to single stage etc. The kit included a couple shims for the servo which are currently installed. I installed everything like normal with exception of the O-Ring on the servo cover. I'm performing the procedure of pressing the servo in until it stops. While using a dial gauge I'm getting.085 total travel. This seems to be a decent setting based on the feel (turning the output shaft). But I'd like to your thoughts/recommendations on where I should be.

Are you saying you have the servo applied and are able to turn the shaft? That hole in the pan rail is the exhaust for the servo. Put air pressure to it and it should apply the servo(you will need that oring in the servo). Im in on your .080" measurement. I usually use a piece of #12 wire to check it between the cover and retaining ring. Kinda hill billy but it seems to work for me. I'm guessing this is the stock band? If it was slipping or had a slide/bump shift you really need to look at an overhaul. This is just a band aid and wont last long once you have slipped the unit.

Back