Stock Style Suspension vs Coil Over/Ladder Bars

Professional Smack Talker
I searched, and found a few posts about a coilover/ladder bar set up, but I'm kind of looking at this from a difference angle. :)

I was curious about which set up (stock style vs coil over/ladder bars) would be better for a very aggressive car (say mid 9's) that races primarily on the street. I know that people go into the 8's or deeper on a stock style suspension at the track, but will it transfer weight hard enough to put the power down on the street? Would a Ladder Bar set up be more efficent?

I'm interested in being able to launch on 10-15#'s of boost on the street, on a slick with VHT. More if possible. I'm not so much worried about spending money (I'm well aware it costs $$ to go fast) but I'd rather not throw it away if there's no point.

Very interested to heard your thoughts on the differences between the two. Oh, and out of curiousity, what is the best 60' for a stock style car, and for a ladder bar car?

Thanks in advance! :)

- Matt

Lots of Speed Shops carry the book Doorslammers, by Dave Morgan. It's a must read!..

It even has a chart of LB lenghts for suggested use.
And for tuning the suspension for a base line makes it worth while.

Not to mention an easy read on how it all works.

Originally posted by bruce

BTW Jeg's sells a rear coil-over shock kit, and I'm in the process of installing it now. Instead of using the cross tube, we used two stub pieces and tied them into the stock upper spring perchs. Not too bad of setup to install. And we were in there doing min-tubs anyway, so it was more or less a why not do it once operation.