You can type here any text you want

Stock Timing for 84 GN?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboRegal84

Staff member
Anyone know what the stock Timing is on the 84-85 Chip?

I am getting a new chip burnt and this would be great if i found out what the stock set-up is.

Thank you!

Originally posted by TurboRegal84
Anyone know what the stock Timing is on the 84-85 Chip?

I am getting a new chip burnt and this would be great if i found out what the stock set-up is.
Thank you!

22 degrees, I believe.

22 Degrees sounds kinda high to me...does anyone know of a write up or something like that?

Originally posted by TurboRegal84
22 Degrees sounds kinda high to me...does anyone know of a write up or something like that?
from guide to Buick:
ESC is continually monitoring engine operation for detonation and
retarding ignition timing up to 18-22 degrees, to minimize detonation levels.

i can believe the stock timing is high ...very hard to get the knock out at high boost..im still getting knock on strait 110 at 20#

I can believe it. I remember the stock chip worked really well with 100 octane and it had more timing than my aftermarket street chip.

This is strange..With my stock 84 Chip, and ECM I was running 19psi of boost with no knock. (on 93 pump gas)

I swapped ECM's, MAF's, and put in scanmaster and I havent been able to find a chip that dosent go crazy with knock..I am running 12psi of boost now, and I am seeing knock numbers from 14* of retard on up. (The car does knock alittle if I stay into it with 5psi into 3rd gear) It dosent look like its leaning out o2s are in the 790-820 range.

This is with both a Jim Testa Chip made for 18* of timing, and a Eastern performance street chip...Jim is gonna re-burn me a chip with some changes in it...but WTF is going on here?

Back