You can type here any text you want

Stolen 87 GN — Miami, FL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eightysevensix

My 87 GN just got stolen last night from my drive way in Miami, FL. I'm posting in hopes that someone might spot it. Its in great condition for the exception of a large dent on the drivers side front fender (you cant miss it!! A chic with a Porsche hit it while parked). It has less than 26k miles on it. Also has GTA style rims. Pictures are old from 2006 but is very close to perfect except for the dent. It feels kinda like loosing a family member, please help!

Attachments

• GN1.jpg
    GN1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 812
  • gn2.jpg
    gn2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 814
Hate to hear this. I am attached to my car as well. Don't know if I am going to sell it now or not. I hate to hear this. I was just recently ripped off and had all of my tools stolen............damn thiefs!!!!!!!!! I hope you get your car back man...........keep us posted.

I Live In Miami And Will Keep My Eye's Open. What Was It Doing Outside?

I Live In Miami And Will Keep My Eye's Open. What Was It Doing Outside?

Its stupid... unfortunately we don't have a closed garage. We always park our van in front to at all times, they moved the van to get to the GN. Thnx for the look out!

dam it! :mad: , i have a bunch of buddies that live in miami, we will all keep our eyes open, if you don't want to post it, pm me , but what part of miami do you live in? i know this is a stupid question but have you looked around a little ( i know it's a long shot) your car should'nt be to hard to notice, the dent and the rims, are a give away, please if you can PM me the last 4 numbers of your car's vin, i do alot of driving and will get of and check, i will inform my cousin he's a detective with hialeah PD. and loves buick's, he will definetly keep an eye out for it, I really feel for ya i had one stolen also, that's why the first thing i installed was LO-JACK!! auto alarms and everything i could think of. i'm going for a drive in a bit i will keep my eye's open, i'll pm upslp and inform him of what happened, dam dude, i hope we could all find this a-hole. have you checked around opa-locka's warehouse area's? lots of chop shops around there, pm me if there's something i could do for ya bud.

Yeah it f*ing sucks! I'm in North Miami Bch, Opa-locka is kinda close will def check it out. We've driven around and no luck. The dent is pretty large and was trying to find a replacement fender. It would be awesome if you can or your cousin can help out in anyway! the last part of the vin ...HP461205. Also its a T-top with HD head lights, driver side bulb sometimes goes out. Much appreciated!!

This is terrible. I hope it all works out for you soon. What type of anti theift devices did you have installed in the GN?

Hopefully you'll get it back in one piece, but you were probably scoped out by the pros. As you know now GN's are still a hot car to steal. They disappear and then they seem to vanish w/o a trace....makes you wonder what happens to the left overs....

We are **** out of luck there, we don't ever really drive it so the insurance ran out about 3 months back. We take it out around the block like a few times a month to keep the fluids running only. I have changed my view on not renewing the insurance but too late I guess.

Ouch, that hurts. Don't give up hope though. I know a guy that had his GN stolen and it was eventually recovered about 10 years later. Keep running a vin check every so often because it could turn up recovered somewhere.

I know a guy that had his GN stolen and it was eventually recovered about 10 years later.

That reminds me of the story of the guy that had his new 68 Corvette stolen back in 68....they found it 37 years later in a shipping crate bound for Sweden.

Never let your insurance run out for any reason. Even if you never drive the car again if it were stolen or someone hurt themselves on it, you'd be SOL.

Never let your insurance run out for any reason. Even if you never drive the car again if it were stolen or someone hurt themselves on it, you'd be SOL.

Reminds me of something that happened back where near I grew up. Guy had an immaculate 60's era Vette. He never drove it so he dropped the insuarance. A few months later a drunk driver was running from the cops and missed his turn...the drunk driver ran THROUGH the garage, demolishing the vette in the process.

It doesn't help 87 6 since his car already got stolen, but if you have a car that you don't drive, you can just carry comprehensive and collision on it. These are relatively low coverages. We pay the high premium on liability coverage since these are high performace cars. Since my tranny went out, I dropped liability. Now I'm paying $45 ever 6 months instead of $250.

car was worth 18 grand with those miles..best advice!

My cars are not insured for theft either but they stay locked up in storage..but....when I drive them they stay outside for a night or two...... either way best advice when parking these cars alone with easy access:

DISCONNECT THE FUEL....or disconnect the ECU wire.....takes about 30 seconds...well worth it!!!!! been doing it for years...had a few broken into but not one stolen....EVER!!..... so let the thieves figure it out....they can steal but are they Buick mechanics?

oh and cut the wheel to the right or left... makes it hard to get it down the street with out the right tow rig

If they were able to move the van I'm willing to bet they had the right tow truck for the job.

If they were able to move the van I'm willing to bet they had the right tow truck for the job.

And if they were pros...sound like it...they also know where to look for lojack and disable it. If a pro wants your car bout the only thing stopping him is a .45.

And a heads up...for you guys who don't drive your t-type or gn daily:

I have hagerty collector insurance. I have the T-Type insured for 15G "agreed value" for less than 600 bucks a year full coverage. I only have 3k miles a year...which I'm buring through fast. I need to find out what their maxium mileage limit is. You also have to show proof of another vehicle (insurance card) and the vehicle must be stored in a secure place i.e. a garage-not a car port.

Its nice to have agreed value as I don't have to play the silly reindeer games with the insurance company if anything were to happen.

I think Hagerty allows you a max of 5k miles a year though they've never came and checked the odometer to make sure I don't exceed my limitations.

Back