You can type here any text you want

strange antics from a 200r4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

drive805

i have posted this before but i changed computers and i can't find the old posts....anyway trans was rebuilt have about 1500-2000 miles it stacks shifts...shifts into 2nd at 15 and 3rd at 20 won't shift into overdrive before 50 or unless i let off the gas and not going into lockup............... have adjusted the TV cable out... shifts even more eratic in... shifts later...25 into 2nd 35into 3rd and won't shift into overdrive until 60+i checked the pin to see if i have power to the trans for lock-up and there is power is there something i can do or should i just take it out and send it back to the builder???help please anyone!!!

A little more info is going to be needed to..

diagnois with any kind of smarts. What car and history of trans and said car would be nice. I will help you either by phone or by posting. Give us a little backround on what it is you did and some history on the trans itself.

Also

And not to draw conclusions but , It sounds alot like the old BRF vb and gov is now missing syndrome. If not , then we move on.....

more info

the trans was rebuilt by bow-tie overdrives was told that the case was broken and that they would set me up with another case it is a universal case 2004r the trans was done with "hi performance and heavy duty upgrades" 10 vane pump and upgraded stator and i was told that it was a grand national converter but there is no D5 stamped on the converter anywhere so its not a GN converter supose to be a HD converter the trans shifts hard and when i manually shift it chirps the tires
everything mechanical is either new or rebuilt the car is an 85 w/87 changeover new turbonetics turbo stockinj chrome mass air pipe kenne bell adj fpr and ram air walbro 340 hotwired 411 gears that are going to get changed to 342 any other needed?????

hrmmmm

Still Has the charecteritics of a non brf or non perf 2004r vb and govenor. Thats where I would look first.

what is the difference

between the brf and the non brf gov and vb i know that the gov will make a difference changing weights but what about just getting abrf gov and vb and changing???? where would i get one or both or should i just go back to the rebuilder and let them set it straight.......but the problem is they are a distance from me and it would be next to impossible to get it to them so...that is why i started here to see if i could fix it first....thanks for your help and let me know....

I would.....

Originally wrote by the guy above

"where would i get one or both or should i just go back to the rebuilder and let them set it straight.......but the problem is they are a distance from me and it would be next to impossible to get it to them so."

:D
This is what I would do. As for swapping Vb and gov in do you have an extra $620.00 or did the shop get a little closer to you now? LOL :)

yikes!!!!!

$620 for a vb and gov swap????whew i spent $1200 doing the trans ........first i guess i should get ahold of the rebuilder some how and see what they can do for me...thanks for your help again i will let you know what happened!!!

LOLOL

I thought you would see it that way!! yes, shop got closer to you huh? :D LOL

Back