You can type here any text you want

strange noises

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

seachant43

Hello I have a question..
I have a bone stock grand national ..if I mash the gas pedal down I get a strange noise like pencils in a wooden box sound...but if I ease into the gas it dont do it..also when the car is idling it sounds good no strange noises
Thanks

You are getting detonation. Keep your foot out of it until you make some changes like a chip and alcohol injection. The stock chip has too much timing in it for todays gas. Get a new chip like one from TurboTweak. Razor's alcohol injection is a nice setup to add.

You are getting detonation. Keep your foot out of it until you make some changes like a chip and alcohol injection. The stock chip has too much timing in it for todays gas. Get a new chip like one from TurboTweak. Razor's alcohol injection is a nice setup to add.

Yes it's detonation but with a stock car and stock boost something is wrong. Figure that out and go from there before adding parts.

OP, Check Fuel Pressure, cracked and broken vacum lines, Including the wastegate solenoid lines.

Post up a pic. of the car.

A good under hood shot or two would help too.

Back