street chip vs. race chip ET?

dboosted1

All things being equal what amount of ET change could be expected from changing a street chip to a race chip with fuel?

I ask because i am running a 92 thrasher for 009s on the street and think its quick but not really fast. Wednesday I am going to the track for buick night and am changing to a 108 thasher 009 chip and hope it will be much faster.

I have

te44
walbro
hotwire
009's
afpr
thrasher 108

With 20psi I hope to run high 12's with 255 50 street tires. Fingers crossed??????

UNGN any guesstimates?

Hmmm, other than a few mods, our cars are pretty similar. My 86 ran a 12.97 @ 107 on BFG radial T/As, RA93, 20# boost, and 93/114 mix. You just have to dang careful on the launch and watch your knock going down track. I was launching at 1-2# and pulled a 1.92 60ft on a pretty decent track. Launched too hard one time a did a John Force impersonation to the 1/8 mile mark...lol. Just make sure you have as close to pure race gas in the tank as possible to keep it from knocking. The race chip has a LOT more timing in it, so make sure the octane is there to get the most out of it and minimize the chance of hurting something. Most of all, just have fun....:D